Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
19fcf6623aa018cf68a1ee4e6724bde5.jpg

Anybody else tie on like this?

I started with an ocularis set up and then went to clamps. I had a few tie ons... but it seemed like a unnecessary inconvenience.

But now that I've been shooting a while and collecting more, I get it. All the coolest stuff is tie on. Tie ons feel less... commercial, maybe.

Anyway, so I've been picking up some tie ons and I've had my rookie struggles.

Band slippage...

Then I found this video on YouTube.

I've been using tubes in my tie ons ever since and it works great.

But I never see anyone else on the forum tie on like this. Is there a reason for that or is this just something that people don't really know about?

The closest thing I've seen like this tube idea is the "Smart Ties" that they sell on the Pocket Predator website.

Any opinions or stories about this kind of tie on? I'd like to know.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
That's a good idea, I like it. It's the first time I've seen it. Everyone has their own way of tying. It's all about preference. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's bad or its not known. Some shooters are content with how they already tie bands and have no problems with slippage. I like it and it looks neat. What's awesome about this sport/hobby is that there's so many different ways to do something and you can find new ways and old ways and take what best works for you. I'm going to try it out. Thank you for sharing!

Sling-On!

·
Premium Member
9,748 Posts
Looks good. I’ve recently got G-10 frames and they’re pretty slick. Had to make sure I was tying with maximum pressure. Nice idea.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts