Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an interesting video showing the new Guiinness world record for slingshot. One is using bands on a natural fork and the other a steel frame with tubes.

Now look at pfshooter and what he can do with a PFS. If you start timing from the first hit he at least tied the world record and if he was shooting for speed I think he would hold the new world record.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QDnYc1pz4g&feature=related

What do you think ?

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
yes, seen pfs he is amazing

in the interview with those 2 shooters from china they have mentioned their average at home is 13/min with lucky rounds being 15

the guy with natural cracks under pressure all the time, he attempted the record twice i think and all fell extremely short from his expectation

they claim it's the stress and adrenaline rush from the crowd cheering if i recall correctly

·
Super Moderator
6,633 Posts
The guy using the Pretzel frame is doing it right for speed shooting. Keep the ammo in the pouch hand and use short tubes. Short length tubes don't twist up as much as flats but then again the fastest on target amount of shots I've seen were done by Blue Skeen with flats and holding the ammo in the pouch hand too. The ultimate speed shooting was done with a reversed Combo Sling rigged up by Kent Shepard who got off I think 28 or 30 shots on target. I have tried this and the ammo fell all over the floor, the bands were in a knot,and I invented four new curse words!
I'll post a picture of the type Combo Kent used and you can see that his tubes would never twist-they were always ready for the next shot ( very little or no slack) Flatband

·
Super Moderator
6,633 Posts
Watching that Video of Dgui, I think he would be in the mix if he went for it for sure-awesome natural shooter he is! Flatband

·
Super Moderator
6,633 Posts
You guys notice that the shorter stockier Chinese guy has an identical style draw to Bill Hays and also he is using flats. Looks like a straight cut 5/8" wide tourniquet type latex=maybe a .025". Whatever he's using they both have wonderfully smooth styles and fantastic releases-clean and smooth. Everytime I shoot one of those Pretzels with the dual tubes, mine get all jammed up-don't know how he keeps them pretty together for the next shot! You want to see a great shooter or an up and coming shooter? Look at his release-that is the key.
Flatband

·
Registered
132 Posts
I agree Dugi is awesome, would love to see him break the record with a PFS, something soooo simple as a PFS taking down those chinese models!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts