Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
I also exclusively use tubes for butterfly not looped but single strands generally 1632 but i have also tried 2040 and have some 1636 i have yet to try but mostly because i am to lazy to cut my flatbands that long and sont want to waste the latex if i dont like it, i prefer flats so my excess tube material is slightly more expendable, i also don't shoot butterfly all the time so it's nice to go back and forth... i do happen to have some .5 BSB that hasn't got cut in a while and now that i think about it might make for a good butterfly setup

·
Registered
185 Posts
So i just cut my first set of full butterfly flats with my BSB.5 and i decided to stick with my usual taper and about an 1 1/2" longer than my wingspan so the Taper is 3/4"-1/2" and it is THUMPING out my 3/8" steelies i cut a can in like 9 shots! Granted i was only 8-9 meters away but still the aiming is so much easier with flats as opposed to tubes IMO but I'm a flats over tubes kinda guy anyway though i live my tubes too, also zinging 3/8" clays pretty good too though there is just barely enough for no hand slap I'll probly trim an 1" give or take a hair and then we'll really be shooting!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.