Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my hawk today, not a bad catty, but i like the handle more if it is in this direction would this work?

·
Registered
126 Posts
got my hawk today, not a bad catty, but i like the handle more if it is in this direction would this work?
sure it would work (you have to load the bands the other direction) but i wouldnt advise it for two reasons:
1. it creates a sharper angle between the clips and the bands and perhaps premature wear
2. its uncomfortable when you hold the grip backwards (but this could be solved with some creative use of fimo/sculpey)

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
This is not the first time that this has been done, but Saunders has said please don't do this as it just is not designed to be shot like this and can be dangerous. In time, the whole end could come off and hit you. It is kind of like defeating the safety buttons on a punch press. Tex

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i realy like both in this direction, the fork and the handel. i didn´t like this kind of swell on the upper side. without i can grip the handle more on the fork and had less torsion on the wrist! the bands are realy excelent, this latex is a great stoff, very fast. i´ve replaced the pouche in one of my small lightwight, now it´s great!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Baum, looks like you got the Tex-Shooter version with the foam grip (like the one I have). Good stuff!
I tried holding mine the way you show, but it felt very odd. It feels fine to me when held in the normal manner, though. To each his own, I guess. I would definitely follow Tex's/Saunder's advice regarding shooting it that way. They know of what they speak. Along the lines of what wilbana was saying, it may be worthwhile to experiment with some Fimo or something to try to change the grip so that it's more comfortable when held in the correct direction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts