Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the sum of 15 years, a family of 5 and two dogs equal? The answer is very close to 22k pounds of stuff that we need to live as a human beings?!
This truth isn't conceivable, it is in fact unbelievable the human hours and waste that have gone into this 22k pounds of comfort. I think I digusted,and tired too. That's it. I gotta go pack some more stuff.
Mo
028dcfff344f0244bc6228b90719d30c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
aka CYBORG
1,997 Posts
Paraphrasing Winston Churchill - 'We shape our environments and then they shape us'.

And recently, JonM posted - 'Look around. All that clutter used to be money'.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Hahahaha I'd rather go dig a ditch than move all my crap! Yes, we do accumulate a lot of stuff. This spring while rounding up my stuff for a weekend camping trip I pulled out a brand new green, goose down sleeping bag.....wtf??? Where did this come from??? Oh yeah, I think I remember buying it last year, I think I "had to have it"!!

·
Premium Member
3,230 Posts
So nice to read...the solidarity helps me feel better about this stuff.

Next time I move I hope it my last move.

I have been for 2 years eliminating things...some things that I have not uswd are still precious and somwthings I use can still go.

But I am getting my tools sorted and I have this growing collection of slingshots and related items.

That stays til I go to the next world! And much will go when my kids move out.

The wife and I have agreed to a simpler more streamlined dwelling oncw that change occurs.

Including very limited dishes and more open space. We will see...in time.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Aint this the reason for garage - sales, i mean so you dont have to move it to get rid of it? We moved some 7 years ago to a bigger place when the kids came. In those 7 years there is a big increase in wall hanging cabinets. And we are still trying to find more places to put em. The idea of throwing something out when something new came in, was the first thing to go out the window,,haha, i fear the day the kids move.

/Uba

·
Mojave Mo
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Forum for letting me share my families adventure. I've landed in N. Carolina and got to see our new home and backyard for the first time. You can easily see that the Mojave Desert is about 2800 miles away! I'll be back later with some photos of letting her rip on my backyard SuperSlingRange!! Cheers! MM
b437ab296f423d3de38a6f23dba0f913.jpg
c67b0261daf848eea37e4e7a05321f79.jpg

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
After the Mojave that must look like the Amazon to you. The wind in the trees is creepy at first but you get used to it.

·
Mojave Mo
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wow. The people of N. Carolina are very easy and sweet! Here is a photo of the back porch looking out towards my future outdoor sling-range and some of my family giving a wave.
Again, thanks for enjoying this moving adventure with me! Mojave Mo!..
Hickory Mo...Moonshine Mo.....Mojave NoMo....Miracle Mo....Slo Mo....Who Knows Mo...???!!
90edf84192b5ab9a43e1a1abb8333fd2.jpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts