Slingshots Forum banner

Two christmas presents

2K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Martin 
#1 ·
The Sapelle boardcut and the larger Ash laminate are for a couple of friends who I shoot and go ferreting with.
The smaller laminate is a Christmas present to myself, its ages since I made one for myself.
I love this little slingshot, its comfortable and very accurate.
All with light fast Theraband gold band-sets, these band-sets used with 8mm steel are very effective against
our farm yard Rats. Thanks for looking, Merry Christmas everyone.
Martin

#6 ·
Sam, those slingshots are very nice to the eye. I am sure you really get the best out of them when shooting. Feliz Navidad desde Mexico!! Merry Christmas....

#11 ·
Hi Martin,

I like the look of these frames with the little droopy wood hanging off the sides. Please excuse my ignorance, I'm not sure what they are called but I might have to make an attempt at creating one.

Do you shoot these frames with both a thumb and index finger hook grip (wrap around)... or an index finger hook grip and the thumb as a fork brace?

Did you set these up to be held in the right hand or left hand? I'm trying to figure out which way they go. They look like they could be universal prior to the bands being fastened.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Northerner

#14 ·
I always shoot with a thumb and index finger hook grip wrap around style, I can't shoot accurately with a hammer grip.
So as a result all my slingshots are designed like this, some of my larger slingshots can be shot hammer style.
I have made a few for left hand shooters, I just put the Micarta laminate on the other side basically just turning the slingshot round.
Martin.

#13 ·
They look beautiful
I love the little tails that curl up at the end of the handles. Merry Christmas

#15 ·
Amazing as always Martin!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.