Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So close once again, been busy working not much time at the moment weather has not been to good either but will get out when I can to complete this task.

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
You can't get much closer and still not have both light!!! I am sure that with a bit of sunny weather you will have it in the bag!

Cheers ...... Charles

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The weather does not stop them lighting unless it's got a lot of moisture in the air, but it does stop me from going out their lol, I should be ok a week from now it's my shift's that mainly get in the way.

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
Looking good Hawk!
I haven't had a chance to do much shooting for about the last week... the weather is perfect, but that just means there's a lot to do on the farm. I'm thinking about doing something today... but of course I might not be able to get to it.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh by the way, did you go to that tournament this last weekend? And if you did, who won etc?
Thanks
What tournament ?. as for weather it seems work and weather go together, trouble is it get's in our way to have fun and play.

·
Premium Member
4,030 Posts
Well according to "Gramps" there was a tournament in Sheffield this last weekend... I thought (and guess I was wrong) it was supposed to be this weekend not last. For some reason I had it in my mind that it was set for 2 weeks before the ECST... and was just interested in who might of won and what scoring criteria and stuff was used.
Doesn't matter anyway I guess then. Since one of, if not the best, shooters in the UK wasn't there... that's all.

I know what you mean by weather as well... we're actually having perfect weather so that means I have a LOT of farm work to do and can't catch a break until late in the evening sometime, if then.
I shot a few a little bit ago and my precision is really starting to suffer... cut like 5 or 6 matches in a row, no scrapes or close strikes.
Part of the problem is while working I carry a different slingshot than I do when trying to do this shot. The mini-Hunter I carry is night and day different than the more accurate Scorpion... but the Scorpion is a touch bulky feeling in the back pocket while driving the tractor.

Hopefully I'll get a chance at this challenge on Sunday or so... good luck in the meantime!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well according to "Gramps" there was a tournament in Sheffield this last weekend... I thought (and guess I was wrong) it was supposed to be this weekend not last. For some reason I had it in my mind that it was set for 2 weeks before the ECST... and was just interested in who might of won and what scoring criteria and stuff was used.
Doesn't matter anyway I guess then. Since one of, if not the best, shooters in the UK wasn't there... that's all.

I know what you mean by weather as well... we're actually having perfect weather so that means I have a LOT of farm work to do and can't catch a break until late in the evening sometime, if then.
I shot a few a little bit ago and my precision is really starting to suffer... cut like 5 or 6 matches in a row, no scrapes or close strikes.
Part of the problem is while working I carry a different slingshot than I do when trying to do this shot. The mini-Hunter I carry is night and day different than the more accurate Scorpion... but the Scorpion is a touch bulky feeling in the back pocket while driving the tractor.

Hopefully I'll get a chance at this challenge on Sunday or so... good luck in the meantime!
Oh right sheffield it's a bit to far for me I don't like driving on our roads it's not a pleasant experience and don't venture out anymore only when I have to, I would be so enraged by other traffic I would not be in the right frame of mind for shooting. As for time I am sure some will come your way eventually.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts