Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just wondering what you use to tie your tubes to your pouch? I've been using tbg or left over bits of latex but it's a bit of a handful without a band jig. I've seen people using bank line and stuff but I was worried this might cut into the tubing and cause premature wear.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Amateur
2,576 Posts
If you're talking pseudo tapers, I've had them slip a few times where the tubes come together to form the loop. Never had problems with slippage at the pouch end. Just tied up a few sets of flats yesterday with the tying ribbon stuff to connect the flats to the pouch. I'll probably use "scrap" (broken bands) rubber for attaching to the forks. Latex on latex seems to form a pretty secure hold.

Hand Human body Finger Personal protective equipment Party supply

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've used the trusty constrictor knot, and MetroGrade's method, both using the ribbon stuff on a few sets of 1842 n 1632 without slippage. I started using the ribbon cause somebody mentioned it doesn't cut into the bands as much. Just my $0.02 :)
... it does seem to be more prone to slip if you try to use the ribbon by itself to tie pseudo tapers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you're talking pseudo tapers, I've had them slip a few times where the tubes come together to form the loop. Never had problems with slippage at the pouch end. Just tied up a few sets of flats yesterday with the tying ribbon stuff to connect the flats to the pouch. I'll probably use "scrap" (broken bands) rubber for attaching to the forks. Latex on latex seems to form a pretty secure hold.

attachicon.gif
20190818_103644.jpg
Cheers mate! Is that ribbon stuff elasticated? Or do you tie it like string?

·
Amateur
2,576 Posts

attachicon.gif
20190818_103644.jpg
Cheers mate! Is that ribbon stuff elasticated? Or do you tie it like string?

Yes, it's thin elastic ribbon. Stretches well.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts

20190818_103644.jpg
It slips a bit when I tie flats to the pouch. Maybe I am not tying it tight enough. I will give it another go (for the third time), and see what I did wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Office bands / Hair tying bands. TBG strips work great - also waxed butchers twine and a constrictor knot.
I also use wax on cotton twine...very good grip so I am more confident a out the knot holding.

But my new favorite is the black crystal string.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.