Slingshots Forum banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts

Got the zdp band today and put it on the fork on the right (natural lemon tree fork) on the left is a set of zdp fastbands on a chico wood fork treated with Johnsons paste wax.

both are awesome bandsets, even with the 5/8 marbles the pouch works well. I really enjoy shooting the single bandset it is a good match to this ammo. I think I got a special bandset, It smells like custard and the pouch has a star in the center.

thank you Dan. I am surprised how easy the bands pull yet are still powerful.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Dan,
Thank you for sharing and supplying me a sample of this type of pouch attachment. I was very please with the findings as I tested this out. I shot 3/8 steels and was able to get 975 shots before any wear and tear at the pouch attachments. It would still be able to shoot another 80 shots easy before breaking, but I didn't want to chance a 3/8th steely ricocheting around the room. As you can see in the photos there were no signs of tear on the band where the hole was made for the attachment. The wear occurred where there was rupture. Thanks again for sharing this. I will definitely use this attachment myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
878 Posts
I did one with the burn hole method didn't have punch, WELL!! only made around 100 shots and started tearing at the hole, sure worked good and looked fine, dang guess I'll try a punch next time

Dan,
Thank you for sharing and supplying me a sample of this type of pouch attachment. I was very please with the findings as I tested this out. I shot 3/8 steels and was able to get 975 shots before any wear and tear at the pouch attachments. It would still be able to shoot another 80 shots easy before breaking, but I didn't want to chance a 3/8th steely ricocheting around the room. As you can see in the photos there were no signs of tear on the band where the hole was made for the attachment. The wear occurred where there was rupture. Thanks again for sharing this. I will definitely use this attachment myself.

·
Registered
606 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Dan, Thank you for sharing and supplying me a sample of this type of pouch attachment. I was very please with the findings as I tested this out. I shot 3/8 steels and was able to get 975 shots before any wear and tear at the pouch attachments. It would still be able to shoot another 80 shots easy before breaking, but I didn't want to chance a 3/8th steely ricocheting around the room. As you can see in the photos there were no signs of tear on the band where the hole was made for the attachment. The wear occurred where there was rupture. Thanks again for sharing this. I will definitely use this attachment myself.
Wow, that's awesome! Remember also that I made these bands out of strips of elastic that I had rejected due to flaws in the latex from when I was making a run of Fastbands.

The feedback we've seen posted shows that the attachment is potentially on a par with most other attachment methods - as long as it's done really well. If the hole does go, the bands can be trimmed and you only lose about 5mm in length.

I don't think this is the best way. I still favour tying with elastic ties for long life, but if these are not far behind, I guess it means the Type-Z can be used for certain applications like home builds, short term bands and budget slingshots.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been using this method, heating up a quilting needle with a lighter, and really like the low resource use. They last for around 300 shots with my thin Theraband-black strips. I don't really know what a *good* amount of shots would be, durability-wise, but I like the method's simplicity.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.