Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have been inactive for about almost a month after my first post. After my horrible, so-called "woodworking skills" landed me with bandaids on three of my fingers and splinters all over the place, I give up. All I managed to do is end up with some unidentifiable chunks of wood. I'm turning to commercial slingshots. Please remember that I am still a foolish young high schooler who does not have an inkling of slingshot knowledge and that my ideas may be wrong. Furthermore, please also remember that young foolish high-schoolers do not have any money. I've scrapped up around 20 dollars I can use to get a slingshot and some ammo. I live in New York, so wrist braces are a no-no. So, I was at first looking at the trumark s9, but then Joerg Sprave's video on that discouraged me from buying it. Right now, I'm thinking of a marksman laserhawk with no brace, a daisy f-16, and a barnett strike. Something about the marksman's "tapered bands" draws me to them. Furthermore, anyone know which company makes acceptably priced ammo that performs nicely? I'm not looking for super powerful, quadruple flatbands that fire billion gram lead balls at Mach 6. It's just for plinking- I'm not trying to vaporize squirrels. Suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
First contact Flatband or Bunnybuster both are local for you NY and NJ, both sell excellent shooters that you could get for a few bucks more than your twenty that will not only be a good slingshot but will be nicer looking than a commercial shooter. as for ammo go to your local dollar store and pick up a bag of marbles for plinking.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Oh and if you really want to live on a budget make yourself a natural fork, no real cost no major wood working and just as fun to shoot.

·
Registered
855 Posts
If you want to shoot tubes, I'd recommend a Trumark FS-1 (much more solid handle than the S9, and you can pop the brace off very easily with no tools and make it legal). Or go with the S9 and have Bunny Buster make you a wood handle for it whn you have some more cash. If you want to shoot flats, I'd recommend checking with Tex-Shooter here on the forum and seeing if he still has any Saunders Hawks for sale with his foam grip.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
I would also suggest you take a look at my site for something you might like. I have two highschool age sons myself. They love to shoot my PS series slingshots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts