Slingshots Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Personally I'd use the .45 cut 15-20. The .4 and .5 would make nice bandsets too. Just remember that bigger isn't always better with slingshots.
Once the Precise stuff shows up I will give that a try!! I really don’t expect to use anything over .55 but didn’t know if someone was going to have some small tapers for the thicker latex.

·
Registered
full speed or no speed
73 Posts
ForkshooterTB just posted a video using Simple Shot .4 and 3/8. Complete pass through on gallon water jug. Using 20mm straight cut maxed out, but shows how good the thin stuff is.

Crazy 🤯, I have seen a test of @ATO75 on this brand, no idea if I can get some over to EU without customs asking me for extra €€.
Never used a straight cut tbh.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Wow, thanks for sharing your experience, always learning. I like to have a bit more power behind those 8mm, so.6 is where it is at for me currently. The 🟨SS is doing very well for my accuracy, just today managed to get on somewhat small targets at 20m. I have a lot of brands here to test still, but for now I just enjoy the SS a lot. Can shoot that all day long. When I started, I made the mistake and thought there's a need for big ammo and heavy/thicc stuff like .8 and up.
I was very wrong 😁, will stay with 8 and 9,5mm for now.
I was similar when I started- shot mostly 7/16" with anything rhat would get it up around 220 fps. Mostly 0.8 bands with heavy draws. I still shoot some 7/16" most days just 'cause- really love it when the big balls smack a can. But most of shooting now is 3/8 and 5/16 with bands I can shoot dor an hour without gwtting tired.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts