Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve seen a lot of really ingenious catch box ideas since I’ve been here. Some of them downright ridiculous and hilarious but quite functional. After a discussion in another thread about turning a swamp cooler into a catch box, I thought I’d try and start a little something here. Just for fun. No prizes. Only rules are that it has to actually be functional. And it can either be a serious catch box idea or an asinine one. Let’s lump ‘em all together. Thought it might make a fun thread like, “What are you shooting today.” (Not sure if I’m actually allowed to do this or not but if not mods just let me know).
✌ And let’s have fun with this one and keep it light!
Okay, Go!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
My smallest catch box, I take with me to work when I want to take a few shots from my car in the parking lot is a Nature Valley box. Just big enough to fit a 40 mm spinner and put two curtains to slowly ammo down. It looks pretty small next to a small Jam Jar.
Gas Box Rectangle Packing materials Composite material

Mason jar Drinkware Rectangle Ingredient Eyewear

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think those are awesome
My smallest catch box, I take with me to work when I want to take a few shots from my car in the parking lot is a Nature Valley box. Just big enough to fit a 40 mm spinner and put two curtains to slowly ammo down. It looks pretty small next to a small Jam Jar.
View attachment 352894
View attachment 352895
I think those are awesome
Will be making a 5 gal version of mine, not sure if 5 will be too small for curtain set up will post

·
Registered
862 Posts
@vince4242 - If I understand correctly, all catch boxes in the People’s Republic of Boulder must be made from an ethically sourced granola box. I hope that your spinner is made from a leather substitute and your ammo is certified non-toxic.

Seriously - well done.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just working on a small catch box made from a fermentation barrel, turned upside down and placed in a bucket to catch ammo, I have hinged the doors with gaffer tape, will drill some dowels in the top to hang some heavy cotton and targets. I am having trouble downloading pictures will post ASP:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts