Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Like to here how you shoot your slingshot differently then what is traditionally teached.

This is my style that I find works best for me over the course of years shooting .
I use a half cup pouch with this technique and turn the pouch 90°
Thumb and finger are off set from center line ball is centered in pouch .so that very little of the fingers is actually in contact with ball this eliminates the speed bump effect of the ball going over your fingers .
You need the right size and shape pouch for this technique to work not sure
It's for everyone .you will need some experimenting to get it right. Note : this is for a over the top slingshot shooting with a gangster style as they say .

Attachments

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
With my aim, I try to shoot as orthodox as possible! I could see how this would aid in speed shooting though, and a great way to eliminate pinching the ammo wrong. I always wanted to try one of those pouch tabs. I reminded me of a release loop on a compound bow. I think hitman slingshots was selling them. When I miss big, it's usually due to a poor hold and release.

·
985 Posts
Something like these?
f188f17c4c6adddef4a870d2fef80c06.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Interesting. Exactly how do those work?
Hey GP, I believe the ammo sits on the magnet in the pouch center, and when drawn back the sides of the pouch pinch the ammo like normal. The user grips the tab in the back, and releases when ready to fire. The idea is to achieve a smoother release, because it should be easier to let a leather tab slip from your fingers than a leather wrapped ball. I've never tried them, but thought they looked interesting.

Romanljc's grip seems like it would achieve the same effect, but with the same humble pouches we typically use.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea my grip basically does the same , note you're fingers are still holding the ball but it is much less then normal as the cup and material of the punch are helping makes for a smooth release if you hold it just right. I started shooting like this because my fingers got cramps doing the normal technique. This got rid of that problem I can shoot all day and never have those pains in my fingers that I got doing it the normal way . I Noticed it helped me with accuracy to. Probably do to the fact I'm not straining my fingers as much.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The only unorthodox technique I like to utilize is talking smack to my spinners and then squaring up to them like we're about to throw hands. Then I do dance and chant before spinning in a circle three times, but ONLY three, then pull back to full draw and do a quick squat before popping up and releasing the pouch. My accuracy has improved by a mile so I don't question it and just repeat the process each time

·
985 Posts
The only unorthodox technique I like to utilize is talking smack to my spinners and then squaring up to them like we're about to throw hands. Then I do dance and chant before spinning in a circle three times, but ONLY three, then pull back to full draw and do a quick squat before popping up and releasing the pouch. My accuracy has improved by a mile so I don't question it and just repeat the process each time
Hahaha! If it works don't question it! Should the slingshot gods smile upon your efforts and bless you with accuracy, keep up with your slingshot dance. If you start missing it must mean you need to do something else to appease them.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hahaha! If it works don't question it! Should the slingshot gods smile upon your efforts and bless you with accuracy, keep up with your slingshot dance. If you start missing it must mean you need to do something else to appease them.
I've been trying to get them to bless me with pinpoint accuracy in return for a sacrifice each time I take a shot at a pest animal but they're not buying it. So I usually resort to one of several high powered air rifles for that but it would be satisfying to punch a 7/16" hole through one of the chipmunks I'm pretty sure is responsible for my motorcycle smelling like pee and not starting after this winter. Not to mention my air filter looks like a dryer exploded inside the air box. And people say they're cute...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts