Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I took Bill Herrimans tip of using a teashirt to catch the steel ammo I have used a dark colour so you get a flash of the steel and can see where it hits if you miss the target, I have also added a wooden shelf to the catch box and drilled some holes to add five 20mm marbles.To shoot at up to now I have always used soft targets because of the windows,but I have now added a peice of metal attatched to the top pole when hit it spins over the pole so no ricochets and I dont have to reset it.The box looks a bit flimsy but I have had it for several months now it really is quite strong.Plan b I got rid of the marbles because of the shards of glass and have attatched rubber instead, I placed four screws in the wood and placed rubber tubing over the top.As you will see in the pictures they are harder to hit as they are alot thinner than the marbles and dont have to be reset when hit either alot better all round.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Great target shooting set-up! Looks like hour after hour of slingshot fun!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes it works very well But I will have to cover the front of the wooden shelf as a couple of shots hit the wood and came back at me at high speed you cant see them coming until they hit the wall just behind me it's only a matter of time before I take a hit and dont fancy that as they seem to be at head height.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts