Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Built a roughly 2' x 2' frame from a 2x4. Stapled a sheet to the top and sides. Left enough play for the sheet to move freely. Hung t-shirt strips just for a little extra precaution. Hangs from ceiling with a couple of hooks. Goes up and comes down in about 10 seconds. Catches ammo perfectly and funnels down to the super high tech ball collector!

newrange.jpeg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Very nice, StringSlap.

I had one very similar...one word of caution. The 2x4 frames sometimes send a ricochet right at your face.

Indoor ranges rule.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had one very similar...one word of caution. The 2x4 frames sometimes send a ricochet right at your face.
I was thinking that the two by four turned on edge like that would reduce the chance. If you hit that board dead center, then yeah, I could see that coming right back. I wonder if you could put something on the face to mitigate that risk.... Like some thick felt, or something. I think I saw one build where the guy screwed a piece of aluminum angle to the face, so it would deflect a direct hit to the side. Still... Cool build. I need to do something similar.

Mark

·
Neophyte
2,006 Posts
I put pool noodles on the face edges of my catch box and have never had an edge hit come back to me. They do bounce sometimes, but just a couple of feet. All you need to do is cut from one side to the hole in the middle of the noodle and cut to length and slide it onto the edge of the frame. Might need a bit of tape but that should do it. :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I put pool noodles on the face edges of my catch box and have never had an edge hit come back to me. They do bounce sometimes, but just a couple of feet. All you need to do is cut from one side to the hole in the middle of the noodle and cut to length and slide it onto the edge of the frame. Might need a bit of tape but that should do it. :)
That's perfect and cheap, too!

Mark

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was thinking about adding something to the edges. I just happen to have a pool noodle!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts