Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is our first laminate design. it has 2 1/4 inch oak ply wood boards for the center and a purple heart outside. there is a lanyard hole in the bottom that i will drill out tonight. please comment

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    1.8 MB Views: 20
  • Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    1.8 MB Views: 23
  • 1.8 MB Views: 19

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
The Vendors' Classifieds are not intended for comment and critique, USASlingshot. I strongly encourage you to finish it before offering it for sale.

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,580 Posts
It looks good so far.
Make sure you file and sand where it was cut out, before you run it on the router.
If using a round over bit...take two cuts. One half way, then move it up for final cut. Be carful with that machine

Tom

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
If you take your time with that, I think it's going to be a pretty nice shooter. I'm anxious to see how it comes out.

·
Registered
847 Posts
When I do a board cut, I use the same files to smooth out the edges as I use to make the band grooves. Like I said in the band groove thread, I have a .25" diameter coarse rat tail and a .25" fine round file. Do the heavy work with the coarse and then clean things up with the fine. After that varying grits of sandpaper give the final finish.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
That's shaping up real nice..... I think those lam. choices with be very pretty when finished.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Way to go I like it. you have come up with a great design. And there is nothing wrong with a beefy slingshot. All of the ones I make are the same. It will take on a more dynamic look once you sand it and put the finishing touches on it. great job.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.