Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
6,402 Posts
Hi folks,

I've had a few people asking for tips on using Inkscape to design slingshots so I put together this quick video to help you all get started. I recommend watching in HD and fullscreen.

Inkscape is a free open source program and can be downloaded from HERE

I hope you find this helpful.

If I get enough interest, I will create some more advanced tutorials.

·
Over 9001 Warning Points!
2,089 Posts
boobs?

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
I do not remember where I first heared of this program but I warn you it is a time waster. I can spend hours on this thing it is a fantastic program and it is free.

Attachments

·
~Pouch Maker~
15,472 Posts
Hrawk, this is a professional tutorial. I leaned much from it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Thanks a lot Hrawk. You are a gentleman and a scholar!

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
How do you make a circle with Inkscape?

·
Super Moderator
5,197 Posts
QCad, which I have been using is very similar, but I only draw one side, usually the left, then copy, flip, and paste to get the completed drawing. It saves me some time and eliminates any small differences between the left and right sides. Now if I could only cut the wood that precisely.

Thanks for a great tutorial.

·
Banned
6,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I use the same technique myself Henry. However I just wanted to cover the very basics in that vid.

I will do another tutorial soon which will include that as well as many other tricks.

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
I don't use inkscape to make acurate drawings I generally free hand it when I am making slingshots. I like to use the program to flesh out ideas. Here is a case in point.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
Thanks I can spend many hours with this thing. Every time I get a brain storm this is where I go.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
This one

Click left button and hold, drag out the circle to desired size.

Hold down the CTRL key to ensure it's a perfect circle and not an elipse.
Nope I had tried that and turned it every which way but loose. What I get is either 2 small squares and a small circle or 1 small square and 2 small circles. I am thinking something else must be turned on for that to work.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
The square tool and the circle tool both do the same the just leave a dotted line showing that something is selected. but no circle or no square.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts