Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Here is one to try if you are interested.
Shoe Arm Glove Leg Human body

Print the pdf at 100% and lightly glue to your choice of material to be cut then cut around the outside edges and file to the second lines depicting the fillet end contours.

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
i just printed and cut it out going out to the shop to cut it out ill put pics on this topic of the vector and the last design you did thanks

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, that's quick!

Remember that the two I designed WILL need slots for the band tie downs to keep the bands from moving off of the canted tips.
the grooves run parallel to the tip ends as shown in the 3d models. the grooves are apx 3/16 wide and 3/16 deep all of the way around.
I'm looking forward to your input after shooting these designs, as no one other than me has tried them yet.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dammmmmmmnnn....You're a woodworkin' maniac!

Maybe you could give us a review and let us know how they shoot when you have the time, thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
the one on the right shoots perfect but the vector is a little hard to aim due to the angle of the forks

·
Registered
604 Posts
Oh yea, I forgot to mention....I don't aim
and all of my designs are best suited to a "Canted" (Or...sigh... "gangster") style of shooting.
No, really; I point and shoot and all of the designs that I employ are without any way or even fore-thought toward aiming. I have always done well gripping my frame in the same place relative to the bands and firing.
Please, Shoot them for a while and let us know more, I wish that I could be out shooting!!

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Wow! You named it after my favorite character from the movie Despicable Me

"Squid Launcher... Oh Yeah!!"

·
Registered
604 Posts
Wow! You named it after my favorite character from the movie Despicable Me

"Squid Launcher... Oh Yeah!!"
Lol....yup, I'm busted! That's exactly what I was thinking when I drew it, I love that movie!
I kept thinking of the double "V" sign whe he said "vector, oh yea..."
Kind of sci-fi and fun. I don't know how well It will handle yet, but it's a fun design!

The Vector will surely NEED to be built from G10, micarta or similar!

·
Resigned
1,825 Posts
View attachment 9892

Print the pdf at 100% and lightly glue to your choice of material to be cut then cut around the outside edges and file to the second lines depicting the fillet end contours.

Enjoy!
i like the general shape.. i will probably thicken up the handle and add some artistic touches of my own.. expect to see this one day from me.

·
Resigned
1,825 Posts
View attachment 9892

Enjoy!
this my remix of that design.. used photoshop to manipulate it a bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
bj000 I'm going out to the shop to make you remix design right now it looks very cool Thanks for posting

1 - 20 of 29 Posts