Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pics show it all. The Walmart ones I wouldn't put more than single 1842 on.....the kiwi is absolutely up to looped 1745. While not the most ergonomic they're not bad. The the kids use them in a hammer grip which works really nicely especially with the forks swept backwards it kind of automatically straightens the forks for them and I use a thumb support grip quite comfortably and very accurately. I got the kiwi for $7 at an Asian grocery store. The zip ties add a measure of class! I use chopped up microfiber pouches from Amazon generously. Have a great sunday!
Ryan

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive been thinking about it, and feel that tubes are maybe a little more accurate when the frame end is allowed to do its thing a little. Helps with that stiff tube contracting and runnin into itself erratically maybe? I have to run the big tubes into the frame instead of over the top, which i prefer. It lessens the fairly horrible handslap a little. I like the ocularis hole, with a grade 8 10-32 screw and tabs set up for "under the top" whichs nearly eliminates hand slap. Next project is going to be a true under the top with tubes and tabs, allowing the band to snap around into open space, thinking its going over the top in the other direction. Or something like that. :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks matt! Yeah,like a flat trajectory, so im always flirting with handslap. If i could loop the tubes, it would nearly eliminate it. I tried looped 1632 at 12", drawn 66" and it was a sweet consistent shooter, but lobby out beyond 20 yds. Looped 2040s are an absolute beast. I mounted em on a wire frame to get my poor fingers away. I proceeded to dent a dumpster at 45 yds with a 3/4 oz egg sinker!Awesome for destructive activities but im not into weightlifting. In between would rock. I have a psuedo tapered 1745 at 1:1 that cooks marbles, but the single section is unreliable after so many shots.(Like the minute i start hitting with it it breaks.) Its love hate. :)
So far the sweetest shooter with decent trajectory is single 2040 at 11" or so active. Its amazing how the marbles travel with so little energy expended....however over about 30 yds its a little lobby as well. I imagine its a never ending quest for the perfect setup.

·
Super Moderator
6,682 Posts
Innovative-Love it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts