Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone still have the first knife they ever got? I remember walking to the store to buy a G.I. Joe. Saw this knife and it was the same exact price as Joe. Asked the clerk if I could buy it. He said I need my parents permission. I ran home and asked my mother. She said yes. Ran back to the store and told the guy she said yes. That was good enough for him! Things were different back then!

Shoe Natural material Sleeve Font Art

Attachments

·
Neophyte
2,075 Posts
Yes in deed, I have the Case XX that my Dad gave me when I was 5. Hard to tell in the picture but it is one of the small ones, over all length is only 5 ish inches. I learned a lot with that knife, responsibility, safety, the importance of taking care of your tools. Wow this has really made me think, I sure miss the old man.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes in deed, I have the Case XX that my Dad gave me when I was 5. Hard to tell in the picture but it is one of the small ones, over all length is only 5 ish inches. I learned a lot with that knife, responsibility, safety, the importance of taking care of your tools. Wow this has really made me think, I sure miss the old man.
Your Dad (and you) had good taste! Yours is pretty much identical design to mine. Mine is a Colonial. Made in USA. Been around since the 1920's. I know they are still in business. Wonder if still produced in the states?

·
Registered
835 Posts
My first one was an old stainless slab sided thing what said US, on the diamond pattern,think it had a screwdriver and can opener on it, I'd sharpen it on the concrete steps, seems as I was cut and wearing bandaids all the time, also was big into making knives outa anything I could sharpen and throw to stick in the barn door, yea was some fun days, no dam cell fines either, cell meant jail back then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.