Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
I know there are other videos on this topic, but I still get questions on how to change out the tapered bands that require the large end to be folded. So here's the video that I added to my YouTube site on how to do it. I believe it's important to make sure it's folded and tied exactly this way, as the folds and wings could catch or interfere with the projectile and cause problems if put on incorrectly . This method makes for the best accuracy and safest shooting.

This procedure would be for A+ brand double "Ultra Power" tapered, and the new single "Gold Winner" tapered bands as well. It really is quite easy once you learn what to do.

Get those new bands on and start having some fun shooting!!!
As always don't forget your ANSI shooting approved eye-ware protection!!!!!

Thanks for looking,
Perry

How to change tapered A+ Slingshots bands

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Great how-to video Pallan.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,516 Posts
I am just going to buy them from you Perry. My order will be coming over shortly.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I do this too. I wonder though, whether narrow quad bands would be better.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do this too. I wonder though, whether narrow quad bands would be better.
I am quite happy with this configuration both from a manufacturing and a performance standpoint.
I think it gets the job done nicely without the extra work of making and stacking even more bands.
Just to see how a quad band assembly would perform purely as an experiment would be interesting though.

·
~Pouch Maker~
15,472 Posts
Great video
, Hope we can get a future video about "How to Aim & shoot with PS...."

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great video
, Hope we can get a future video about "How to Aim & shoot with PS...."
Thanks eshot. I fully intend to do so if I ever get a break from cutting wood again.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Great video Perry!
I can't wait till I get to install my "Ultra Power" bands! I just got notification that they are on there way.

Are hemostats the same as forceps? I want to make sure I do not damage anything. I think the mounting strips I had on there before got damaged by some tool that someone used before me, so they unraveled.

Thanks again for everything!

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Tirador,

You are very welcome. Technically hemostats are a form of forceps but the word forceps seems to be used the most in non medical circles like in fishing stores to describe the proper tool. Just make sure when they are closed that the teeth on the sides are smooth. It they are not take a file and sand paper too them.

I've tried all the different methods but I like this best. As far as the rubber ties unraveling, I've seen it happen a few times. If it was or gets old or cut it will come off. Sun light quickly damages rubber as it is a natural product.

I had one that I had shot for several weeks laying on a table that just unwound for not apparent reason, upon inspection the sunlight had made it brittle. Another unwound when I made a bad shot and just hit the wound rubber on the inside of the fork cutting it just enough for it to tear let go. One of those ties was a regular #64 rubber band and the other a strip of old bicycle inner tube. In both cases they were old and may have also been nicked as it is rare for it to happen!!!!

Normally if it perfectly secure. Just always inspect it along with all the slingshot before and during shooting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts