Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Here is a video on my U-Tube: smittyslingshots channel. I'm not too good at creating links, so you'll just have to go to u-tube and look it up. Sorry.

It's about the basics of shooting a slingshot.

·
Super Moderator
6,513 Posts
Very nice video Smitty! Nice clear picture, great camera, you made many good points, and also have great shooting form too! Wish I lived in Colorado! Flatband

·
Registered
855 Posts
Excellent vid, smitty. When you talked about constantly pushing on the fork as you shot so it would naturally swing out of the way of the shot is what I was trying to describe to Sarge in his thread about hitting the forks, but you described it much better. I think it added some clarity to what I was describing. Well done, amigo.

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it would help us all for other guys to make basic shooting skills videos also. I had to cut almost four minutes off of the one I posted on U-Tube. I get a real kick from watching the guys shooting their slingshots. Everyone here could add to the "basic shooting" video library if they have a camcorder of course. And thanks for the kind remarks.

·
2,153 Posts
Yes it was Linatex and I even shortened it more from the way it came because the slingshot really fits (just a little extra carving) my hand with no pressure points. All the force is spread out over the frame.
But I must say that I am a lot stronger now because I shoot every day and have a set of bands to stretch for exercise. I guess I am enjoying this sport too much. Just think how much more fun it would be to actually have a few friends over to shoot with me...bar-b-cue... beer...pepsi...french fries...oh my!
Flatband has a great design, next I'd like to get a curly maple ergo from him to wear out.

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
[quote name='smitty' date='27 January 2010 - 07:28 PM' timestamp='1264620527' post='2729']
Just think how much more fun it would be to actually have a few friends over to shoot with me...bar-b-cue... beer...pepsi...french fries...oh my!

I wish I lived near you!

Great vid too.

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you so much for the encouraging words and I was sure hoping to be able to help others have some fun too.

·
2,153 Posts
I think it is about time I made a video of me making a bent steel slingshot. So I'm going to give it a try.

So... It is now three in the morning and I have made a two part video about how I make bent steel slingshots. You can find them on Smitty Slingshots Channel on U-Tube. I'm going to sleep. Hope they are good enough.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
That was very educational. I like the idea about lining up facing a mirror to inspect the aim plane.

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks ZDP That means a lot.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think it is about time I made a video of me making a bent steel slingshot. So I'm going to give it a try.

So... It is now three in the morning and I have made a two part video about how I make bent steel slingshots. You can find them on Smitty Slingshots Channel on U-Tube. I'm going to sleep. Hope they are good enough.
THANKS FOR MAKING THAT U-TUBE.YOU DID NOT HAVE TO GET BACK TO ME SO QUICK HA HA..I HOPE YOU SLEEP LATE THIS MORRING.THE VIDEO WAS VERY EDUCETIONAL GOOD JOB.I THINK ALL WILL LOVE IT.

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks man, and yeah I slept in. I didn't have to get up until 5:30 AM so I was just fine until I got out of the shower.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts