Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
For those who did not attend, the format may seem a bit confusing. So hopefully, the video below will help folks better understand how the tournament worked and how the winners were chosen.

The picture below outlines the events and scoring for the tournament

The picture below are the two sizes of targets used for scoring. The one on the left is the "masters" target and the one on the right is the "original" "speed shoot" "20/20" and "Trumark Money shoot"

We don't yet have scores for the events but here are the results for who placed in what:

Masters
1st MJ
2nd Rayshot
3rd Graywolf

The cool thing about the Masters target is that one did not have to shoot well overall, just on that one target. So whoever shot the highest score on that one target got the prestige of being Champion of the tournament. For those who shoot paper well, this one can seal the deal. No pressure on that one!!

Original
1st Nathan/FlippinOut ( but Ray actually shot a perfect score, but was not eligbile due to placing in the masters)
2nd Jerry Blanchard
3rd Dan Fenton

20/20
1st Nathan/FlippinOut
2nd Rayshot
3rd MJ

Rabbits
1st Rayshot
2nd Nathan
3rd MJ

Squirrels
1st Nathan
2nd Ray
3rd MJ

Big Game
1st Nathan
2nd Ray
3rd MJ

Speed shoot
1st MJ
2nd Ray
3rd Nathan

Roling ball individual

1st Ray
2nd Ron??

OK Corral Team Shoot
1st Team Shepard
2nd Team Fire Skeleton
3rd Team Fenton

Rolling Ball team shoot
1st Team Fire Skeleton
2nd Team Shepard

Trumark Money shoot
1st Ray
2nd Nathan
3rd MJ
4th Kory Shepard

and the video for the awards

·
HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
8,259 Posts
wow ! ssf domination . any idea on how many people participated ? overall attendance.

·
Super Moderator
6,538 Posts
Great job guys and a wonderful event put on by the Shepard family! Thanks, Flatband

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Kent Shepard is an absolute giant of the slingshot community! Besides maybe Gary Miller I don't think anyone loves slingshots more than him.
Thanks to Nathan for taking the time to take/narrate and edit videos. He was probably the busiest guy at the event between shooting filming and selling

I sure had fun!

Oh yeah... that's my wife bringing home all the hardware in the women's division, eat your heart out, guys!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Kent Shepard is an absolute giant of the slingshot community! Besides maybe Gary Miller I don't think anyone loves slingshots more than him.
Thanks to Nathan for taking the time to take/narrate and edit videos. He was probably the busiest guy at the event between shooting filming and selling
Watching Kent's speed and accuracy during the "speed shoot" was amazing. I agree, Gary and Kent's love the sport a lot and have done a huge job in promoting and keeping the sport of Slingshots alive through the years.

Being the "Camera Man" at any event is hard enough, but when you are competing as well, it is tough.

Nathan showed an excellent display extraordinary focus and skill.

Nathan's passion for slingshots and his "Want" to promote and grow the sport of Slingshots is unmatched. Taking ,editing,making and posting the videos takes a lot of "Focus". These videos do a lot to introduce folks to slingshots. This keeps the sport alive and growing and is great(free) marketing for all Vendors (World Wide) .

Ray (Rayshot) is another man that is doing huge things for slingshots (world wide) . His R&D with his pouches says a lot about his passion . Mighty fine job of shooting.

I am anticipating, seeing, the scores for the events. It will be interesting how they "add up".
Just from what I see now, the "SOUTH" did rise to the occasion.

WELL DONE!!

Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts