Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI EVERONE just to let you know we got the KILLDEER slingshot pattern it was in need of a bit of T.L.C.
Just finished cleaning it up.I will have a go a casting one on thursday 7th will keep you all informed on how it terns out. If i can down load some pictures of us makeing it we will put them up for you to look at wish me luck

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Looking forward to seeing it!

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Good luck, hope it turns out good.

·
Resigned
1,152 Posts
A Killdeer in brass would be something else. Even in one in aluminum would be nice. As dead-set as I am against buying slingshots I would maybe have to break down for one of those.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Looking forward to seeing it....

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Eveyone Made the first KILLDEER today came out first time
we even managed to get the bunny cast on and the name with what look to me like a bird,We are over the moon with it we will be putting some pictures up later to show how it was made.We intend to send the KILLDEER to FLATBAND for is comments befor we put on sale.We have also cast it in BRASS but can not see what the outcome is till friday mould still to hot to knock out.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Are you going to do something, so the repo can be easily told from the original for collector's sake? I am thinking about resales on Ebay or in shops. -- Tex

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi TEX
YES we intend to powder coat the aluminium ones in metallic black.Last thing we want is for some one to try and pass off as an original, noing how much the pattern cost us we think it is only fare we do something slitley diffrent with our repose.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
sounds really good, and black. Good Choice.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi also just had pointed out to me that the original KILLDEER was cast in a low grade zinc alloy and ours will be cast in BS1490 ALUMINIUM GRADE LM 25M this will stop the bandits trying to rip people off.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Yeah forgot about that, but lets face it most people (on ebay) wouldn't know zinc from aluminum if it bit them.
Hopefully that will never be a issue.

·
Super Moderator
6,610 Posts
Now there was ( is ) some Slingshot. One of my, and a lot of other peoples all time favorites! Nice going guys!
Flatband

1 - 13 of 13 Posts