Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my new old Wham-O Sportsmen. I bought it with the box,

the 40 cal. 25 steel balls and a old bandset. Looks Original to me.

The Wham-O looks a lil weird but i like her.

I will probably not shoot her or only with some very weak bands.

The old ash looks not too strong.

Wood Font Plywood Creative arts Hardwood

Hand tool Tool Wood Hardwood Metalworking hand tool

Friedrich

Attachments

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I have one and love shooting it. Get a set of gum rubber bands from Flstbsnd and have fun. The forks are longer than seems to be the norm today but they feel fine when using apropreate bands. Unless it show obvious damage I doubt you have anything to worry about shooting it. As long as you use the type of band it was made for.

Reactions: studer1972

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Mine looks like they hit it once or twice with sand paper and softened the edges a bit and that was it.....but that's how you make money selling a whole kit for a buck or buck twenty five, even in the fifties that wasn't much, according to most source I could find it was equal to about eight to nine dollars today.

For that you got a slingshot, 2 bands, a pouch of ammo, a arrow rest (no Chief AJ wasn't the first to shoot a arrow from a slingshot) and a target, boxed and if I remember the ads right that also included shipping...pretty darn good deal

·
Registered
67 Posts
i like how u compared it to a milbro style just. my grandad used that as a kid in th 50's. 1,25 was alot then. thats how much a milbro costed in the uk he traded a couple of mrbles 4 his 1. were wham o U.S.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
i like how u compared it to a milbro style just. my grandad used that as a kid in th 50's. 1,25 was alot then. thats how much a milbro costed in the uk he traded a couple of mrbles 4 his 1. were wham o U.S.
Yes WhamO sportsman was made in the US from right after WWII till the 70's

·
Registered
67 Posts
yeah he did im so jelous >.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have one and love shooting it. Get a set of gum rubber bands from Flstbsnd and have fun. The forks are longer than seems to be the norm today but they feel fine when using apropreate bands. Unless it show obvious damage I doubt you have anything to worry about shooting it. As long as you use the type of band it was made for.

The WHAM-O SPORTSMAN is one of MY top 3 favorites SLINGSHOT!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.