Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The self centering "W" slingshot (original idea by Bill Herriman) is my preferred design right now. And many people love it, too, they want to have one... but as you know, I do not sell my slingshots.

So I have been thinking about a "How to" video. Problem is that for the stainless steel "W", you need welding gear and other rather expensive and unusual tools. People don't have these tools at home, so I had to come up with a wooden "W".

It turned out rather well, no metalworks at all. It is more bulky (10% lighter, though), but it shoots just as good. I am very pleased with the stability - no wonder, 1" wooden rods can take some strain.

The video is finished and currently uploading, but here are two photos for now:

Greetings from snowy Germany

Jörg

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is the video:

Hinged metal rings would work, but OTP us very good for wooden fork ends.

Jörg

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
Very nice DIY! Looks really easy to make, and quite sturdy. I especially appreciated the tips on tying the pouch to the bands and posts.

·
Registered
740 Posts
i wondered: is the fork of the wooden one lower then the fork of the"original"one?
because if the fork is lower and you can still shoot without any danger then you can make a new "W" out of steel with a much lower fork ,too.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Great job Joerg! Starting to expect it from you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.