Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Here is a natty I finished a while back. Made from a chunky walnut fork I had lying around. It had plenty of wormholes, which I filled with a mixture of epoxy and wood ash. I finished this one with tung oil and paste wax. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I am often mistaken for slingshot legend Joerg Sprave. Is it that maniacal laugh? The frequent use of the expression "let me show you its features?" The ability to turn common objects into weapons (Mrs. Raja has yet to forgive me for my spatula launcher!)?

Like slingshots - the answer is quite simple. We both prefer a hammer grip. After all, did Thor use an ergo grip on his hammer? Was Excalibur pulled from the stone with a pinch grip? Did Pater Raja wield his cutlas and howdah pistol with his thumb and index fingers curled around some delicate indents? No, no, and no!

Hammer grip, brothers and sisters! Hammer grip!

Fantastic natty, Drew. A slingshot worthy of its provenance. Power it up with some stout bands and get out there with some large caliber ammo.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Wood Gesture Cookie cutter Art Jewellery
Wood Gesture Belt Jewellery Strap

I am often mistaken for slingshot legend Joerg Sprave. Is it that maniacal laugh? The frequent use of the expression "let me show you its features?" The ability to turn common objects into weapons (Mrs. Raja has yet to forgive me for my spatula launcher!)?

Like slingshots - the answer is quite simple. We both prefer a hammer grip. After all, did Thor use an ergo grip on his hammer? Was Excalibur pulled from the stone with a pinch grip? Did Pater Raja wield his cutlas and howdah pistol with his thumb and index fingers curled around some delicate indents? No, no, and no!

Hammer grip, brothers and sisters! Hammer grip!

Fantastic natty, Drew. A slingshot worthy of its provenance. Power it up with some stout bands and get out there with some large caliber ammo.
I am the proud owner of this Bilbrey beauty! I banded it up with some Alliance #107 bands and a boot tongue leather pouch. Sends a 1/2" marble downrange wit authority!

PS I'm becoming a big fan of hammer grips!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.