Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning gents (and ladies):
Built this ash frame with a walnut yoke band clamp as an experiment about 5 or 6 months ago and while it shot really nice, it felt a little unsteady in my hand. Wanted to twist or slip once in a while.
So I bought some new paracord from Lee Valley - good stuff and the price was very good. Did a wrap last night that I might be hard pressed to replicate! Really happy how it came out though and it feels really good in my hand.
The numbers on the bands show how I shorten the bands up when they fail at the pouch. Makes for an aggressive stretch ratio the second time around but they sure are fast. For a little while anyway!
Oh, and by the way, I'm not a fan of allen head screws. These were leftovers from somewhere; and they looked good I guess. Should take the Dremel and slot them so my EDC multitool will tighten them in case it needs to be done.
The clamp system works very, very well though and you sure can't beat the price!
tx, Ed

Attachments

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you David. It works well.
The thread is just in the wood and the wood is hardened with some CA glue.
And I'm real careful when torquing the screws.
Have used that method for years in hardwoods and occasionally the thread fails but the bands don't get changed very often so they don't see a lot of use. So if it lasts for only 3 years, we're still good.
Once in a while if there was a thread failure, I've just glued in a wood plug and re-drilled and tapped and it is like brand new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts