Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Tex-shooter
4,275 Posts
Well if you do, it is my opinion that you must shoot paper fairly regular to know just what is going on. I know, it is boring, but otherwise you will fool yourself into thinking that you are better than you really are. I normally shoot about 30 shots when I shoot paper. A paper plate and a couple of felt tip pens will make a nice paper target and is pretty tough! I use about a 1 inch red center outlined in black. This will tell you how big your group is and how many fliers that you might have. It will also help you get a handle on your release.

Dishware Table Wood Audio equipment Circle

Attachments

· Tex-shooter
4,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I shoot paper quite a bit and it is humbling. It can become tedious however, so I introduced a variant: ' negative paper.' Occasionally I'll just cut a one or two inch hole in the center of the paper plate and hang a can behind it. It's a great focusing drill, and there's a certain entertainment quality to how it changes your perception. Hearing the can ring while the plate remains unscathed is uniquely satisfying. Give it a go if you can... :)
The older you get the more humbling it becomes. You tend to lose everything that can make you a top notch shot, like eyesight, muscle tone, steadiness, muscle control, balance, reflex and etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.