Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was bored one day and ordered a 7 dollar daisy powerline kinda like I use to have as a kid. Decided to give it a wooden handle to see if it would actually function right. It definetly did work the way I wanted it to, but was tough to get all the pieces to fit in properly. Will probably buy another to give it a better fit and have a different process to make handle look better. Will keep working and modding this one to make it look even better.

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
981 Posts
Looks great! That looks like the B52 model I think. I've wanted to try something similar with a Barnett Blackwidow frame I have. If you give it another go I'd love to see what process you use to make the handle. It seemed a bit challenging to me. Still, looks like a great workable slingshot you've got there, and I always have to give the edge to wood over plastic for aesthetics.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great! That looks like the B52 model I think. I've wanted to try something similar with a Barnett Blackwidow frame I have. If you give it another go I'd love to see what process you use to make the handle. It seemed a bit challenging to me. Still, looks like a great workable slingshot you've got there, and I always have to give the edge to wood over plastic for aesthetics.
It was a challenge to get the bent tube to stay in place on the wood. So I believe the next time around I will use hdpe or resin to poor around the bent tubing getting it to become a flat layer to work with. Instead of sanding and chiseling spaces for it.

·
Registered
654 Posts
**UPDATE**

The handle felt a little small for my meaty mitts. So I added another piece of wood to it that came from a branch. I want to say it was maple but I could be off since I mixed my wood pieces. So here is a look at the increase in size of the handle so far. Still a ways off from smoothing everything down, but getting there.

Forgot to take a picture after I leveled the piece and attached it. Stopped myself from progressing too much further before pics captured.

These are of the rough shape and smoothing out what I have so far.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found my childhood wrist rocket too. Its gonna get modded too . Wrist support is coming off and its gonna get a new handle. Mine has an angled top. Forks are pointing upwards. So i guess it needs a little beating to get the right shape
When you get started on your project please let me know. May give me ideas on the next Daisy I will do. I have enjoyed the bargain strength I get from the slingshot and ability to modify to my hearts content. Very interested on your project.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.