Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
8,259 Posts
just noticed it under my avatar and on my profile page

whats the punishment rankings for this feature ? whats the punishment ? how many for a ban ? temporary ban ? lifetime ban ? is a warning point really necessary ? How does it work ? Can anybody assign warning points ? Can i only see my warning points and not other peoples ? Is there an appeal process ? It seems really childish .

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
the system is designed, to make it simple, if you do bone headed things become overly rude/abrasive and will not stop, or post about dangerous activities, or make personal attacks, attempt selling in user areas........................ you know most things in the user agreement that some people either dont read ar always have a tendency to think rules dont apply to them. for 99.9% it means absolutely nothing, but for that .1 percent it is a visual way of reminding them they have put themselves on a short leash. the punishment is quite stern, a bare bottom spanking

·
Registered
15 Posts
It would appear I have one too. I wonder why. Be polite if the moderators or whoever allocates the 'warnings' had the common courtesy to notify the recipients with an explanation. I guess that's way to much to ask in this day and age.

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
It would appear I have one too. I wonder why. Be polite if the moderators or whoever allocates the 'warnings' had the common courtesy to notify the recipients with an explanation. I guess that's way to much to ask in this day and age.
Hmmm .... I am looking at your post, and this is what I see:
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
It would appear you have "0 warning points". Not sure why you think you have any.

Cheers ...... Charles

·
Premium Member
5,252 Posts
yuppers, in my viewing of your page you have a big zero warning's curious on how you came up with the warnings?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I need to find someone who believes in 2012, i wonder how cheap they'll sell there house and car? hmmmm.

That's somewhat by the by anyway.

Andy

·
Registered
215 Posts
I was at Tulum (Mexico) a couple of years ago while on vacation. They were explaining the Mayan calendar and I asked about the 2012 thing. I got a lot of laughs and was told that while it had been great for business the fact of the matter was that the calendar just "re-sets".

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hmmm .... I am looking at your post, and this is what I see:
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
It would appear you have "0 warning points". Not sure why you think you have any.

Cheers ...... Charles
[/quote]
Just that the notice has suddenly appeared, as with Imperial. Jesus Freak above thinks he has one (which seems confirmed by New Convert) but it doesn't show on his profile. I find the whole thing seems slightly strange.

·
HOBBYIST-SOPHOMORIC-JACKA$$
8,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
it appears that mods can see everyones warning point status, regular members can only see thier own- appears one of my questions is answered .

1 - 20 of 59 Posts