Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Curiosity got the best of me and I ordered this fork from Simon at Wasp. It was like $31.00 delivered to the East Coast in less than 2 weeks. I am not a fan of HDPE or Polycarbonate forks. A Mustang by JJCC it is not. Can I shoot it accurately? Yes. Will I? Not sure. Does it make me want an Ivory Micarta fork from John? Yes, yes it does. In any event, it is a fine fork that feels good in the hand. For the price, it is an absolutely fabulous fork that most folks would enjoy. Try one.

Red Font Material property Wood Magenta

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Mojave Mo
5,481 Posts
Good Review Slide-Easy. I'd like to add my own moments of discovery trying to understand why a frame designed in the offset can be held 'either way'. I fell apart a few years ago trying to figure out the Torque. I got this frame about the same time you did and set it up in a way that felt right on my bench. Then I went and shot it. Then I grabbed it and absent-mindedly grabbed it the 'other way'. Now I am starting to tell myself that the grass is greener no matter how I hold it?! I picked it up out of curiosity that comes from a design by John Jeffries. Seeing the photo you posted I was surprised to see that it is basically the same size as the JJCC. I typically don't read the specifications of a frame I think I want so that is something I need to get figured out as well.

Dunno. Which direction are you shooting yours? The correct way or the other correct way....????

Attachments

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good Review Slide-Easy. I'd like to add my own moments of discovery trying to understand why a frame designed in the offset can be held 'either way'. I fell apart a few years ago trying to figure out the Torque. I got this frame about the same time you did and set it up in a way that felt right on my bench. Then I went and shot it. Then I grabbed it and absent-mindedly grabbed it the 'other way'. Now I am starting to tell myself that the grass is greener no matter how I hold it?! I picked it up out of curiosity that comes from a design by John Jeffries. Seeing the photo you posted I was surprised to see that it is basically the same size as the JJCC. I typically don't read the specifications of a frame I think I want so that is something I need to get figured out as well.

Dunno. Which direction are you shooting yours? The correct way or the other correct way....????
Pinch grip, I like the Mustang. Thumb braced, I like the Raptor. It is a keeper for sure.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Excellent review. As it can be shot either way around, I had to try both of course and decided for me thumb braced Mustang style tail down was the most comfortable. Each to their own of course, which is of of the benefits of the frame
I polished off all the mold seams and really like it. I can't wait to get JJCC to make me a predominately white linen micarta incarnation of his Mustang or Apex. I am thinking I would like to have an Apex, as variety is the spice of life. If you cull them, you will miss the best.

·
Mojave Mo
5,481 Posts
Excellent review. As it can be shot either way around, I had to try both of course and decided for me thumb braced Mustang style tail down was the most comfortable. Each to their own of course, which is of of the benefits of the frame
I re-tied my RTC tail down last night and nailed my favorite fence post 3 in a row from about 80ft. It is gonna stay this way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I re-tied my RTC tail down last night and nailed my favorite fence post 3 in a row from about 80ft. It is gonna stay this way!

I like her with her tail down, the best, too.

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts
I polished off all the mold seams and really like it. I can't wait to get JJCC to make me a predominately white linen micarta incarnation of his Mustang or Apex. I am thinking I would like to have an Apex, as variety is the spice of life. If you cull them, you will miss the best.
John does do the most beautiful builds, one my Christmas / bucket list most definately. Would love an Apex pfs

Excellent, feels much more natural to me tail down

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I have been shooting another fork lately, but every other day I have drifted back to The Mustang John made me. It just works.

·
Premium Member
1,741 Posts

I have been shooting another fork lately, but every other day I have drifted back to The Mustang John made me. It just works.
He is a talented craftsman, have fun

1 - 20 of 41 Posts