Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,124 Posts
Nice reveiw.

I'm almost wondering if Wasp is capitalising just a little too much on the very well received Deltawing and Uniphoxx frames.... The DW and UP were Bothe nice simple well thought out polycarbonate frames - then the team-up with the supply of HDPE (which there are a myriad of designs now available (they look nicely made), then the Stinger... Not including the custom-made bits.

Just feel they're loosing focus... Though obviously its normal to want to add a million offerings once your company starts doing well. But it will be interesting to see how they do down the line.

·
Super Moderator
6,124 Posts
The HDPE line is odd really - its more expensive than his Polycarbonate range. The Deltawing/UniPhoxx/Stinger are his claim-to-fame frames. So I don't know why he has deviated from whats 'made' him.

Simon runs a CNC business. Made 'custom' frames which he sells on Etsy for ages. Some of which arguably became the Deltawing and UniPhoxx. He then offers the Uniphox in CNC'd G10 and Alloy then also Proshot casts them now. The feeling I get is his slingshot business is doing well - so add as many products as you can get hold of. Its logical ( and it may increase sales initially ). However its a sure-fire way to ruin your business. More choice leads to less sales. And like you mentioned is he had a winning formula (possibly unwittingly) but he's gone 180º to that. The same concerns me slightly with Pocket Predator and the Chinese frames Bill has on the site now.

For me Was stands for - High Quality, Affordable, Made In-house, Polycarbonate Frames and practice ammo. Think he had a nice strong brand forming which is now confused. Will be interesting to see how it pans out. As its not his main company sure he's happy to simply let it ride on its own steam.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.