Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not so long ago, I received the Wasp Wolf frame, in clear poly!
Let me preface by admitting that aesthetically, I like this frame a lot! Its marvelous ergonomics and general features, combined with its looks, make this a really appealing frame to me at least! I do find the clear poly frame to be the most good looking in the line up!

This frame is basically a cross between the very popular Uniphoxx and the excellent Delta Wing, combining all the best features of both, and really offering none of their minuses.
It has universal forks which function great, as the ergonomic of the frame allow for very little band torque. The fork tip width is large, allowing the use of wider, hunting bands with ease. It is more sizeable than the Uniphoxx, which affords a very stable, positive hold, and total control during the shot sequence.
I wouldnt change a thing in the way it holds! Oh, and even though it is larger than the Uniphoxx, it is still very pocketable!

It does have the subtle curve of the Delta Wing, for more straight wrist oriented shooters, but of course it can be held normally as well.
Practically, I find that I am more consistent with the Wolf than with the Uniphoxx, because of its ergonomics. The difference is not huge, and someone watching me shoot would most probably not be able to tell a difference in my shooting, but the slight improvement is there, and for some people it may be important.

The quality of the plastic and the moulding process is once agakn absolutely amazing! It uses the same indestructible polycarbonate that the Delta Wing has, and yes, you can see in the clear version that there is absolutely no bubbles in the plastic, not even a tiny one, which is a testament to the perfect manufacturing process that Simon uses.

All in all I am very satisfied by this frame, offering versatility and very good function in general! I just need to also get a red one!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice review.
You covered all the things I pay attention to in a new slingshot.
The casting quality and ergonomics of the Wasps I have have impressed me.
Glad you're enjoying this one!
Thanks KawKan! I forgot to mention that it is one of the few frames that can be held either with a thumb support, or a pinch grip, equally well.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome review bro! I may have to get one! I like that deadly icicle look!
If you like the Uniphoxx, but wished it was a bit larger, then you will like this too!
Yeah, the icy look is so good that the second one I get may be the same....I always liked red, but this one just has something badass about it!

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
I almost try to avoid reading reviews... especially good and detailed reviews.

So here's why. I immediately want to buy the slingshot!

Skropi, this is a remarkable review and Simon Wasp is great designer/ suppkier.

Also my collection could use some Wasps and Wolves.

Thanks, friend. I hope all is well over there.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I almost try to avoid reading reviews... especially good and detailed reviews.

So here's why. I immediately want to buy the slingshot!

Skropi, this is a remarkable review and Simon Wasp is great designer/ suppkier.

Also my collection could use some Wasps and Wolves.

Thanks, friend. I hope all is well over there.
Everything is fine here mate, how are you doing over there, on the other side of the pond?
As for the Wasps, Simon always succeds in offering superb quality at a superb price. Oh, I also like his targets!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you order this from wasp website in the UK?
Do you know if there are any dealers in the US?

Great review, I really like the frame shape.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts

Dan Ambrosius was bringing Wasp frames in the US at one time, not sure if he still does.
I am based in Europe not in the US, so I am not sure.
The most efficient thing to do, given the low cost of the Wasp frames, is to order 2-3 at once so as to offset the shipping cost.

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,565 Posts
Awesome review bro! I may have to get one! I like that deadly icicle look!
I've a PP "Ice Ranger", also clear. It's nice to be able to see through it before you smash another person's sliding glass doors ... whoops!

Reactions: ForkLess and Tag

·
2,565 Posts
Not so long ago, I received the Wasp Wolf frame, in clear poly!
Let me preface by admitting that aesthetically, I like this frame a lot! Its marvelous ergonomics and general features, combined with its looks, make this a really appealing frame to me at least! I do find the clear poly frame to be the most good looking in the line up!

This frame is basically a cross between the very popular Uniphoxx and the excellent Delta Wing, combining all the best features of both, and really offering none of their minuses.
It has universal forks which function great, as the ergonomic of the frame allow for very little band torque. The fork tip width is large, allowing the use of wider, hunting bands with ease. It is more sizeable than the Uniphoxx, which affords a very stable, positive hold, and total control during the shot sequence.
I wouldnt change a thing in the way it holds! Oh, and even though it is larger than the Uniphoxx, it is still very pocketable!

It does have the subtle curve of the Delta Wing, for more straight wrist oriented shooters, but of course it can be held normally as well.
Practically, I find that I am more consistent with the Wolf than with the Uniphoxx, because of its ergonomics. The difference is not huge, and someone watching me shoot would most probably not be able to tell a difference in my shooting, but the slight improvement is there, and for some people it may be important.

The quality of the plastic and the moulding process is once agakn absolutely amazing! It uses the same indestructible polycarbonate that the Delta Wing has, and yes, you can see in the clear version that there is absolutely no bubbles in the plastic, not even a tiny one, which is a testament to the perfect manufacturing process that Simon uses.

All in all I am very satisfied by this frame, offering versatility and very good function in general! I just need to also get a red one!
So basically you're abandoning your Wasp Uniphoxxs for a newer model? Well, it's a good thing that I own and operate the non-profit "Abandoned Slingshot Refuge, Welfare Center and Hospice", so you can fly those orphaned Wasps to me, and my staff of few, but talented folk, will take good care of them. I promise.

THWACK!

Reactions: MOJAVE MO and Tag

·
2,565 Posts

Dan Ambrosius was bringing Wasp frames in the US at one time, not sure if he still does.
I am based in Europe not in the US, so I am not sure.
The most efficient thing to do, given the low cost of the Wasp frames, is to order 2-3 at once so as to offset the shipping cost.
I agree with Skropi - buy them like "White Castle" "sliders" - "by the bag". I bought four Wasps at one time and the shipping cost was the same as if I had bought just one.

Just DON'T buy an Ice Wolf before I receive mine. Please.

THWACK!

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
612 Posts
Nice write-up, S. I really enjoy my two flagship Wasp frames, and the quality really is top notch. A combination between the two sounds very appealing.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I like the clear frame idea, you can even see thru the forks. So if lets say A Hathcock Target Sniper was clear, you could take some more precise longer shots where the distance causes you to be blind sighted and you have to ghost the shot. Because the fork blocks the shot. Anyways love your slingshot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts