Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks frodo. The first one was colored with a wood marker. Its a nice jet black, and it is absorbed so you can still see the wood. But....it wont sit in the grain. It rubs off easily onto your hands. But im not a fan of that slingshot anyway, its too inaccurate. But as for my others, they are currently unfinished
but will be getting a treatment soon, as i acquired som minwax helsman spar urethane. The "Gamma" model will actually be shipping out to Smitty on thursday or friday! and yes, i use the greek alphabet to name them. I mean really, how do you pass up names like "gamma" "omega" "alpha" "delta" "zeta" "lambda" "omicron" and my favorite "epsilon" haha.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Woww man I love Gamma, and Epsilon, Beta is cool too.They are all very nice good job.Would it be possible to get a blueprint or something of it?
Cheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
huh, smitty chose gamma too. Tell you what, mind showing me some of your work? I love trying new slingshots, and what i was hoping to do was start a "rading post"ding my work for other's. Smitty makes bentwires, and i was really interested. So i struck up a deal, and now im trading a gamma model for one of his. Plus, im really eager to see how others set up bands.

So, if your willing to trade, id love to see some of your work!

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
The PS-1 is nice and it's good that you gave Perry credit. When I made mine, I sought Perry's permission and paid a royalty before showing it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes, but you probobly recieved a template, correct? i just drew them using the curve line tool in ms paint (how i do all my blueprints, i wish i had a screen capture software to show people, because it makes the perfectly symmetric the way i do it). but when i finished i reviewed it and decided mine was way to close (not trying to gloat, in all seriousness), and i didn't want to be unfair to Perry, so i won't be making any more. And when people ask me about it, i tell them i got it from A+ Slingshots owned by a nice gentleman named Perry.

And thanks pelleteer! i dont know why everybody likes gamma?! i usually draw my slingshots with a rough image of another slingshot ive seen in mind, but that one was "free drawn" into a shape i thaught looked nice. It is a bit akward to shoot, the handle is too small for hammergrip and the fors are almost too slanted for chinese flip, but i managed to get use to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts