Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am an American living in Saudi Arabia. I enjoy shooting slings and slingshots as well as scrounging lead and casting bullets for them(hand slings as well). Shooting slings and slingshots especially here is a cure for boredom, as many forms of entertainment you take for granted are banned.

·
Banned
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome Mr. Joel
Do you make your own slings? I wanted to ask because unlike slingshots you just can't buy them.
check www.slinging.org , there is one guy Aussieslinger who will send you a pouch for free, at least he used to a year or two ago

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Welcome Mr.Joel! I've made myself a few slings out of hemp and was very surprised at their power to toss fist sized rocks. I still take one out from time to time. Glad to have you with us.

·
Banned
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use 3oz egg sinkers i cast, and a nylon sling made by James Burdine. The power is quite impressive, although some practice is required to be accurate. Similar bullets were used in Greek and Roman times and were reputed to pierce armor. My experience with these leads me to have no doubt as to this being true.

I also have a South American wool sling that uses rocks, it also is quite powerful. My advice to begin is go with a foot-foot and a half length and one rotation casts to learn, do not go for length and power: learn to make hits before ypu get into multiple swings and long lengths, you will likely get frustrated and quit.

·
Super Moderator
6,511 Posts
Hi Mr. Joel,
great to have you with us! J.Burdine really knows his way around a David Sling. Flatband

·
Banned
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Mr. Joel,
great to have you with us! J.Burdine really knows his way around a David Sling. Flatband
Yeah, we used to live in the same town, Henderson, Nevada. oddly enough we never hung out. I don't know how to braid, luckily he does. The sling really is a cool thing to learn, I highly recommend trying it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts