Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I try to make a positive impact on people I meet during the day, not only to help them, but it also makes me feel great. There are several ways to inspire people, but my number one pick is face to face???? If we help one person, and that person helps someone, it doesn’t take long before it spreads to several people. I hope the media never figures this out???? they would make it too commercialized.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Well said!! I work in a hospital setting and run into patients in the halls or in their rooms and it's ideal to make that connection. If I go into a room to fix something they are eager to have someone to talk to.

We also have a long term care section where there are many elderly people that love nothing better than to tell their story and I'm all about hearing them!!

·
Super Moderator
6,543 Posts
I try to make a positive impact on people I meet during the day, not only to help them, but it also makes me feel great. There are several ways to inspire people, but my number one pick is face to face If we help one person, and that person helps someone, it doesn't take long before it spreads to several people. I hope the media never figures this out they would make it too commercialized.
Hey Tag, good stuff Bud. Everything does make a difference.

I was never a great recycler but after seeing and ad in school that shocked me, I've been recycling whenever I can.

The ad that did it was called " The Great Pacific Plastic Patch". A huge ( size of Texas ) floating mass of plastic refuse floating in the pacific-parts of which are over 5 feet thick!

Whales and turtles think the plastic is jellyfish and consume them with disastrous results. A whale was found dead with over 300 lbs. of plastc garbage in it's stomach.

That ad got to me like no other ever had. So you are right-it all matters! Excellent post!

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I try to make a positive impact on people I meet during the day, not only to help them, but it also makes me feel great. There are several ways to inspire people, but my number one pick is face to face If we help one person, and that person helps someone, it doesn't take long before it spreads to several people. I hope the media never figures this out they would make it too commercialized.
You're an inspiration Tag, this is why I refer to you as the Forum Diplomat lol!

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tag
1 - 4 of 4 Posts