Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Try to woven some pouch.
The first generation of machines was made from popsicle sticks.
Fluid Automotive lighting String instrument Liquid Drink

Then use the plastic cable tray + comb to create a second generation that can adjust the length.

Wood Font Art Metal Machine

This is my result.

It's really light, and hitting your hand doesn't hurt.
At the same time can effectively increase the friction.

Material is wax line of leather craft.
Can't stop continue to make, like a curse. :rofl:

Jewellery Font Money handling Coin Metal

Attachments

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Very nicely done! I weave similar pouches for shepherd slings, which are much larger (about 7" long by 2.5" wide). I made a loom (machine for weaving) out of an old picture frame. I should try a small one for slingshots.

You are correct - weaving is addictive (the curse of not stopping). As soon as I complete one, I want to start another.

Your English is very understandable - keep practicing to increase your vocabulary!

·
Neophyte
2,119 Posts
Wow that is neat! Very creative too. I know what you mean about textile crafts being addictive, I work with paracord and have tons of bracelets that I have made over the last couple years.

Reactions: Reed Lukens and Tag

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Beautiful concept!!! Very well done!!!

Please tell us, my friend, the performance of this pouch during shots (durability, weight, drag resistance, etc.)

Cheers ...Q

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you.
I also saw this method in this forum, hoping to improve my material options. :)

Really cool!
Thank you very much.
It's really fun. :D

Nice work ERS4! They use woven pouches a lot in Africa.
This information made me more interested in these pouches. :D

Very nicely done! I weave similar pouches for shepherd slings, which are much larger (about 7" long by 2.5" wide). I made a loom (machine for weaving) out of an old picture frame. I should try a small one for slingshots.

You are correct - weaving is addictive (the curse of not stopping). As soon as I complete one, I want to start another.

Your English is very understandable - keep practicing to increase your vocabulary!
I also like to play shepherd slings, this pure and traditional thing always makes me interested.
You are so generous and friendly. Nice to meet you. :)

12473755_1017630318275871_76025338683604

21316278_1527009114004653_64606038255029

Wow that is neat! Very creative too. I know what you mean about textile crafts being addictive, I work with paracord and have tons of bracelets that I have made over the last couple years.
This is not my idea, but really like to do this. :D
Paracord is a great material, I also like it very much.

Beautiful concept!!! Very well done!!!

Please tell us, my friend, the performance of this pouch during shots (durability, weight, drag resistance, etc.)

Cheers ...Q
Light weight, similar to thin cowhide or sheepskin and Chinese microfiber.
More attention to durability, because this kind of pouches does not stretch deformation, reducing many slack problems.
The woven surface also increases the friction of the hand and avoids accidental shots.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts