Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks man a found loads yew today out a walk should have some more bigger ones soon ????

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just had a look its got a crack in the side dont thinks it gony be any good

·
SLING-N-SHOT
3,726 Posts
Just had a look its got a crack in the side dont thinks it gony be any good
Bingo, don't throw that cracked fork out. I have always said a crack is just an opportunity for inlay.
Inlay something in that crack, which will stabilize that fork, and will look great to boot...many mediums for inlay abound.

Try crushed Turquoise, malachite, mother of Pearl, Abalone shell, colored sand, etc.....using water thin viscosity CA glue. Pack the crack with inlay of choice till slightly proud of the surface, then drip the CA glue onto it, letting it wick down through the inlay until it fills with the glue. Spray with CA accelerator to speed dry it, use a Dremel and the small sanding drum mandrel to sand the bulk down, then finish by hand sanding to desired / highest grit you want, then apply finish of choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It ain't a big crack just split up the handle a pressed a small knife in it its not to deep afew mm it was ma mate cut it a would a looked for bigger am gony anyway ???? a dont have a dremmel yet lol a will see how it goes dried up thanks ????

·
SLING-N-SHOT
3,726 Posts
It ain't a big crack just split up the handle a pressed a small knife in it its not to deep afew mm it was ma mate cut it a would a looked for bigger am gony anyway a dont have a dremmel yet lol a will see how it goes dried up thanks
No Dremel, that's okay too.....can also use a file, just have to clean the teeth often, but it'll work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Shaved into this little fork earlier and it only goes afew mm so a will be makin it a shooter the crack is only skin deep lol ????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts