Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Have you guys ever experimented with using out of the box and unorthodox objects as ammo?

Normally I use nuts, acorns, steel shot, stones or marbles but some of my others have included paint balls, hex nuts, clay balls, paper wads, gum balls, rubber balls, thumb tacks, milk duds and tide pods.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
i have used red hots and other round candies,hex nuts and double hex nuts[JB weld ] river stones,bicycle wheel bearings [the cone ones] and i once tried shooting the heads of darts,iDo Not recomend the last one ,i have seen folks on here shooting Pana darts out of slings

·
Registered
575 Posts
Gobstoppers.

I buy 'em at the dollar store and shoot them in what you might call 'sensitive areas', where you might do damage with something more lethal. They make a little explosion on hard surfaces and can leave a mark. They're round, nice size and fun to shoot. I also use them to keep pest animals out of the yard. Dgui turned me on to them several years ago.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have used red hots and other round candies,hex nuts and double hex nuts[JB weld ] river stones,bicycle wheel bearings [the cone ones] and i once tried shooting the heads of darts,iDo Not recomend the last one ,i have seen folks on here shooting Pana darts out of slings
I know the feeling, when I was a teenager I tried firing a pencil from my slingshot. Wound up with a pencil tip stuck in my thumb. I had a scar for years lmao.

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,234 Posts
Yes indeed, I have used 3/4" jawbreakers with great success. I use a bit bigger than normal pouch and 1842 or 1745 looped tubes. They hit like a ton of bricks and really knock Starlings for a loop. That big surface area causes lots of blunt trauma for sure !

wll

·
Registered
63 Posts
Gummy bears and mini marshmallows.

Hadn't thought of those chalk valentines hearts. Actually won't mind getting those, or malt balls, now that I can think of them as free biodegradable ammo rather than terrible food.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Hadn't thought of those chalk valentines hearts. Actually won't mind getting those, or malt balls, now that I can think of them as free biodegradable ammo rather than terrible food.
Wait those are biodegradable? I won't lie I shot them around in the middle of malls and indoor places as a kid because I was a punk and they shattered on impact. If they're biodegradable though even better the reason!

·
Registered
63 Posts

Wait those are biodegradable? I won't lie I shot them around in the middle of malls and indoor places as a kid because I was a punk and they shattered on impact. If they're biodegradable though even better the reason!
You, sir, have lived.

It's actually amazing to me that slingshots didn't factor more in my youth than they did. I had a few years where I loved my wrist rocket, but I fell away from it when I got older. Now slingshots consume my thoughts. Lol.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Watched a video of a guy use chickpea's the other day, looked like it worked quite well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel like those would crush pretty easily in the pouch, I eat chickpeas anyways haha
He shot it at a can, it penetrated the can, he got it back out and it was still intact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You, sir, have lived.

It's actually amazing to me that slingshots didn't factor more in my youth than they did. I had a few years where I loved my wrist rocket, but I fell away from it when I got older. Now slingshots consume my thoughts. Lol.
I made them towards the end of high school, so if I had one or two to sell I'd carry it a bit to make sure that it worked properly. Lead me into a lot of hijinks, anything that could fit in the pouch got shot lol

1 - 20 of 43 Posts