Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand it is personal deal, but do you see any major drawbacks to this hold. I used to do the reg. pinch grip, but have found this grip I seem to shoot more accurately. I dont know if its a thumb support or what . Im learning all I can, I realized the other day my thumb up"soft shooting" pouch hold was so easy to get a speed bump. I went nail towards face and almost immediately cured the speed bump. Sorry for rattling on. you notice any major drawbacks, before I get too used to this?? thanks

·
Registered
786 Posts
I'm not a expert in any since, but the way I look at it is if it works for you then go for it. The main thing is if it suits you and works that's all that matters.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Looks like a solid grip to me. Looks like a very solid grip way up on the fork so you got good control with heavy bands. If you can point your slingshot at something, release and hit it then you're doing something right.

·
Mojave Mo
4,843 Posts
I’ll echo what Hoss said. I went down the rabbit hole fiddling with my grip for various reasons. Now days I jam the frame into the web and let my fingers relax and out of the way. I can use my pointer finger to line up my shot too. Hell. I’d hold the frame in my teeth if it meant a 20fer20 in the bullseye!🎯🎯🎯

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
This is how I hold my smaller homemade steel rod slingshots, but also some of the Chinese slingshots such as the "Popeye" frame. Wrist torsion is greatly minimized, albeit that the finger and thumb are significantly exposed when you get a bad shot release. With the right techniques and band/tube/pouch setup, this should not happen, though.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That’s why I like smaller slingshots, so I can pinch grip the same every time. Thanks for sharing
I really like how some small slingshots look, but I shoot them too high , and bigger 100mm too low. Ill never be good enough to change my anchor at random, so I want to keep it. , Small frames DO look so cool though :(

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
I really like how some small slingshots look, but I shoot them too high , and bigger 100mm too low. Ill never be good enough to change my anchor at random, so I want to keep it. , Small frames DO look so cool though :(
You could always keep the same anchor and change the aim point 😉

·
Registered
738 Posts
Bah! If it’s not a hammer grip it’s not worth discussing. :p

Seriously, Perry Adkisson of A+ Slingshots recommend holding his PS line of slingshots this way.

This is how I grip my Jack Koehler Alley Cat.

Wait! - When did I become such a slingshot name-dropper?

Based on a recent post from wll - I am going to try holding my modified F-16 this way.

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bah! If it’s not a hammer grip it’s not worth discussing. :p

Seriously, Perry Adkisson of A+ Slingshots recommend holding his PS line of slingshots this way.

This is how I grip my Jack Koehler Alley Cat.

Wait! - When did I become such a slingshot name-dropper?

Based on a recent post from wll - I am going to try holding my modified F-16 this way.
I got a F 16, but Ive never given it a chance, it reminds me of being a young man not being able to hit the broad side of a barn :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts