Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
4,820 Posts
Supposed to meet at the local gun range at 9AM. Don't know for sure who we're up against but we are ready for all comers. Try to get some pics and details later today for those following.
Shoot swell!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I'm back. Hugo and I got there early with the idea of setting the range and getting warmed up. The public range was full to the max, so we went to another spot people use. No shade! I shot like someone broke my arm. By 9:30, no one showed so we called it a forfeit. And shot against each other. He beat me so I gave him the pot.

We broke out my S&W auto and Henry Yellow boy and shot up a box of 22 shells. I whipped his hinder on that! But he really enjoyed it. Boy it was hot out there in the brush and rock with no shade. When we left my visor thermometer read 122 but the truck was parked in the sun. It dropped down to 106 when we hit the oiled road.

So much for the big shootout. Would like to organize another but indoors please!

·
Mojave Mo
4,820 Posts
Well, I'm back. Hugo and I got there early with the idea of setting the range and getting warmed up. The public range was full to the max, so we went to another spot people use. No shade! I shot like someone broke my arm. By 9:30, no one showed so we called it a forfeit. And shot against each other. He beat me so I gave him the pot.
We broke out my S&W auto and Henry Yellow boy and shot up a box of 22 shells. I whipped his hinder on that! But he really enjoyed it. Boy it was hot out there in the brush and rock with no shade. When we left my visor thermometer read 122 but the truck was parked in the sun. It dropped down to 106 when we hit the oiled road.
So much for the big shootout. Would like to organize another but indoors please!
Schedule another one for a month out!

·
Mr. Mars
360 Posts
RATS! After all that practice. Oh well, you got lots of practice anyway. I'm sure the heat threw you off. It's so miserable right now. Horrible day for a shoot off. I didn't think about the holiday. Ranges are always packed on those days.
That is probably why those yellow bellies didn't show up.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
  • +Member
  • starpip8.gif
  • 20273 posts
  • LocationUSA
4string.gif
post-7383-0-66200800-1379748464.png
CardCutter.png
MatchLighter.png
3-5_25M.png
5-5_20M.png
5-5_10M.png

Posted Today, 02:00 PM

Well that is disappointing after all the hype . Which local range did you go to

I don't know if you are aquainted with the Casa Grande, Arizona City area, but there is a mountain just east of Ariz. Cty. Behind that ,the police have a range, then there is what I believe to be a private range then there is a real nice public range. And yes, I'm embarressed by all the hype that I gave this for it to turn out to be a dud.

• +Member
  • starpip8.gif
  • 20273 posts
  • LocationUSA
4string.gif
CardCutter.png
MatchLighter.png
3-5_25M.png
5-5_20M.png
5-5_10M.png

·
Mojave Mo
4,820 Posts

• +Member
  • starpip8.gif
  • 20273 posts
  • LocationUSA
4string.gif
CardCutter.png
MatchLighter.png
3-5_25M.png
5-5_20M.png
5-5_10M.png

625]

I don't know if you are aquainted with the Casa Grande, Arizona City area, but there is a mountain just east of Ariz. Cty. Behind that ,the police have a range, then there is what I believe to be a private range then there is a real nice public range. And yes, I'm embarressed by all the hype that I gave this for it to turn out to be a dud.

• +Member
  • starpip8.gif
  • 20273 posts
  • LocationUSA
4string.gif
CardCutter.png
MatchLighter.png
3-5_25M.png
5-5_20M.png
5-5_10M.png

625]

It ain't a 'one and done' world!! Schedule another and I'll grab my burro and make the trek to outshoot all if youz.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
MoJo Mo...

I would really like to get something going where guys within reasonable distance could get together and share a common interest. I would think maybe some sort of map of our locations and then pick a host right in the middle. I'd be willing to spend a day or so away from here if we could make it worth our time.

·
Mojave Mo
4,820 Posts
MoJo Mo...
I would really like to get something going where guys within reasonable distance could get together and share a common interest. I would think maybe some sort of map of our locations and then pick a host right in the middle. I'd be willing to spend a day or so away from here if we could make it worth our time.
Good. My relationship with UncleSam won't allow me to disclose my actual location. However, the SW isn't too far away and I have airborne burro as well. I will do my part and put some brain into this.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MoJo Mo...
Good. My relationship with UncleSam won't allow me to disclose my actual location. However, the SW isn't too far away and I have airborne burro as well. I will do my part and put some brain into this.

Yes...Brains is the order of the day.

·
Mr. Mars
360 Posts
MoJo Mo...
I would be interested, I think there are others in the area that would be as well. Maybe start a new thread asking for those in Arizona interested

1 - 12 of 12 Posts