Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, recently I've been getting a surprising amount of requests from my friends here on the forums asking to see some slingshots I've made; unfortunately of the three I've made my younger brother has succeeded in steeling all three!
However I did take the precaution of snapping a few photographs of one of my creations prior to its suspicious disappearance, a natural (I think it's made of Oak?
)

Well here you go, as I said it's a whole league below the stuff you guys make. I uploaded them separately, as the file sizes are quite large also there's a picture of my little Jack Russel 'Jack' for Dgui, because I know you like dogs buddy!

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
I concur, a very nice fork. -- Tex

·
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Sam
It looks like a real nice fork.
You should make some more.
Tom
Please!
The slingshots you make make it look like something a prisoner would fashion in his cell!

·
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
847 Posts
That's a perfectly decent looking natural, Sam.
Lol it was before I attacked it with a hack-saw!
[/quote]

Yep, I have a few like that too. They started off pretty good, but I just couldn't leave well enough alone and they ended up getting progressively worse as I fiddled with them.

·
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a perfectly decent looking natural, Sam.
Lol it was before I attacked it with a hack-saw!
[/quote]

Yep, I have a few like that too. They started off pretty good, but I just couldn't leave well enough alone and they ended up getting progressively worse as I fiddled with them.

[/quote]
No lol, I mean it was probably good while it was still a tree!
Although since those photos were taken I have sanded it down again to remove my brother's numerous fork-hits and carved out some subtle finger grooves to make it slightly more ergonomic for his hand...

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
Sam,

What the heck's wrong with that fork? I like it a lot. Whenever I make something like that I post it with high hopes of universal adulation. And I usually get a lot of praise.
Dude, I think you did a bang-up job with that fork. Seriously.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Nothing to belittle there. I think it looks great... and I like your little dog too. Well done Sam!!!

·
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow, you are serious...
Thanks everyone for your praise, especially from the site Vendors!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Of course the fork is well achieved. Only I prefer to look the grain of the wood, I avoid covering it with paint.

Bien hecho! Sam.

Chepo

·
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Of course the fork is well achieved. Only I prefer to look the grain of the wood, I avoid covering it with paint.

Bien hecho! Sam.

Chepo
It's not paint, just a cheap lacquer and varnish combination - it's all I could afford...

·
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One of the nicest naturals Ive seen, beautiful work Sam.
Martin
Thank you very much Martin - that means a lot coming from you!

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,144 Posts
Wow, you are serious...
Thanks everyone for your praise, especially from the site Vendors!
Oh,...thanks especially to the vendors huh ? My feelings are hurt, but I will add to the praise too by saying you did a very good job, even though my praise means very little to you Sam. No, it's OK man... I'll get over the pain...just kidding. Good job.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.