Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to that place I have been shooting and cut a few forks, two out of an old dried Manzanita bush I think and the other ... who knows what. I cut them with my Corona saw. I have a few of these in two different sizes and they cut great.

I will take these to the office tomorrow and sand them and see if I can make any natties out of them. I'm not much of a natty maker, but with work at a major slow down maybe it is time ;- )

What you guys think ?

Two%20Cut%20Natties%20sm.png

3rd%20Natty%20sm.png

wll

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Went out to that place I have been shooting and cut a few forks, two out of an old dried Manzanita bush I think and the other ... who knows what. I cut them with my Corona saw. I have a few of these in two different sizes and they cut great.

I will take these to the office tomorrow and sand them and see if I can make any natties out of them. I'm not much of a natty maker, but with work at a major slow down maybe it is time ;- )

What you guys think ?

Two%20Cut%20Natties%20sm.png

3rd%20Natty%20sm.png

wll
nothing like a natural !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
I grew up in the thickest Manzanita imaginable. We needed bulldozers and dynamite to the land when I was a kid. It has some beautiful colors hues. Can't wait to see how the come out!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I sanded down the ends so far, They are going to be pretty ugly, just enough done to put some tubes on them, these slings will be down and dirty.

I was born without any talent for sanding or handwork for sure. I'm leaving the bark on as I have NO, and repeat NO patents for sanding or striping bark off, I would have more fun slitting my throat ;- ). The only slings that I make cool are the wire ones, I do have a knack for that ... but anything else - forget it.

The small one (first picture, right side) I will give to my shipping managers son, he will love it, The one next to it may end up being a good shooter, the last one may end up just being a pocket pebble chucker, I don't know !;- )

Not sure if I will use a gypsy tie configuration or just rubber tie the elastic to the forks using a rubber band. Don't be to shocked when you see my "HOBO SLING SHOTS" !

wll

·
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I sanded down the ends so far, They are going to be pretty ugly, just enough done to put some tubes on them, these slings will be down and dirty.

I was born without any talent for sanding or handwork for sure. I'm leaving the bark on as I have NO, and repeat NO patents for sanding or striping bark off, I would have more fun slitting my throat ;- ). The only slings that I make cool are the wire ones, I do have a knack for that ... but anything else - forget it.

The small one (first picture, right side) I will give to my shipping managers son, he will love it, The one next to it may end up being a good shooter, the last one may end up just being a pocket pebble chucker, I don't know !;- )

Not sure if I will use a gypsy tie configuration or just rubber tie the elastic to the forks using a rubber band. Don't be to shocked when you see my "HOBO SLING SHOTS" !

wll

1 - 15 of 15 Posts