Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I smoothed out a fork and tried shooting some bbs for the first time today without even putting any finish on. Basically, I confirmed a lot of things I've read on the forum:

1: bbs are cheap
2: bbs are small
3: shooting bbs is hard
4: but shooting bbs is great fun
5: a single #64 band on each side can really move a bb
6: hitting a can with a bb is really great
7: I need to practice more at this bb shooting thing

I had a blast, despite my hit percentage going way down. I really like the idea of being able to zip some shots off without really having to worry about collecting the ammo (in the woods on my own property). And using #64 bands on a fork, this is some really cheap shooting in a hobby that's already theoretically cheap (although I do seem to be accumulating frames at an alarming rate). Also, I'm really enjoying these warrior micro fiber bb pouches. Just another really fun part of this hobby. I'll probably be looking for a dedicated pocket carry bb frame some time in the near future.

Attachments

·
Registered
667 Posts
Awesome! I love bbs. They are pretty much all that I've been shooting for a while, due to a change in location. I can't afford to shoot larger ammo without worrying about retrieving it, and I no longer have a good place to set up a catchbox.

My favorite bands for them are theraband black, either 1/2 straight cut, or a 5/8-3/8 taper for more speed. I have yet to try office rubber.

The more you shoot them the better your accuracy will get.

This is one thing I really like about slingshots, there are so many different setups to mess around with!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I started shooting bbs to refine my pinch and release. being cross dominant, I recently switched to holding with my opposite hand. My thought was that if I could get smooth and accurate with small ammo, my shooting of bigger stuff will come easier. It worked!! I noticed a huge improvement in loading the pouch, release AND accuracy. Plus it's great fun!!

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,446 Posts
I smoothed out a fork and tried shooting some bbs for the first time today without even putting any finish on. Basically, I confirmed a lot of things I've read on the forum:

1: bbs are cheap
2: bbs are small
3: shooting bbs is hard
4: but shooting bbs is great fun
5: a single #64 band on each side can really move a bb
6: hitting a can with a bb is really great
7: I need to practice more at this bb shooting thing

I had a blast, despite my hit percentage going way down. I really like the idea of being able to zip some shots off without really having to worry about collecting the ammo (in the woods on my own property). And using #64 bands on a fork, this is some really cheap shooting in a hobby that's already theoretically cheap (although I do seem to be accumulating frames at an alarming rate). Also, I'm really enjoying these warrior micro fiber bb pouches. Just another really fun part of this hobby. I'll probably be looking for a dedicated pocket carry bb frame some time in the near future.
Nice frame ....was shooting some BB's yesterday and found starting out at 20 feet, I kept hitting high and right off the , so moved up to 15 feet was pretty spot on, either direct hits. Or just slightly outside it. I was using #64 alliance sterling office bands and Ali Express BB pouch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
nice little natty! I've been shooting them exclusively the last few months. I use 7" 1632 singles. It's great not having to worry about picking up your ammo or losing money with each shot.

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Oh man! Another bb flipper...so fun.

Another point for bbs os they really stick to a magnet making them easily transported.

Get some of those button magnets from Amazon...I like to make a pinkie lanyard. I use 12mm (1/2" ish) and small paracord.

Below is my LBS for shirt pocket plinking...securely holds around 50 shots...weigh next to nothing.

Attachments

·
aka CYBORG
2,060 Posts
OK, the enthusiasm is contagious - I'll break out the BB shooters again. For months I've shot with abandon, not indulging the buzz kill of worrying about the cost of ammo. 'Can't take it with you' may be more relevant to senior shooters but mercy, next to nerf darts, slinging might be the cheapest shooting sport there is - please just enjoy it.

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
I find nothing disagreeable about shooting bb's as long as they are 3/8" to 1/2" in size. Pinching the ittybittytinybb's cramp up my pinchers. I also like to see my ammo, so that's a thing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,900 Posts
I leave 177 bbs to the BB guns. 5/16 and 3/8 steel is so cheap not worth fiddling with bbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Mojave Mo
5,181 Posts
I find nothing disagreeable about shooting bb's as long as they are 3/8" to 1/2" in size. Pinching the ittybittytinybb's cramp up my pinchers. I also like to see my ammo, so that's a thing.

So MoJo....When do we start calling you Moonshine Mo?
I'll make a formal announcement when I am standing on North Carolina soil in about two weeks. I may even be able to show my new slingrange!

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,446 Posts

I'll make a formal announcement when I am standing on North Carolina soil in about two weeks. I may even be able to show my new slingrange!

This is my target from yesterday with BB's, #64 office bands, from 15ft, and 100 shots on a dirty bird/shoot & see target.
dc4704117d9a843150bc8325e4517a09.jpg
8f551c5aefcf135a355ece1e0d04b7ea.jpg

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,446 Posts
Thanks Sneaky, just a plain old cardboard box inn front of a baby mattress, but working a bit on a nice wooden catch box along with some trade items owed

·
Registered
2,774 Posts

COOLAROONIE...Keep us posted, and the range sounds mighty.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Oh man! Another bb flipper...so fun.

Another point for bbs os they really stick to a magnet making them easily transported.

Get some of those button magnets from Amazon...I like to make a pinkie lanyard. I use 12mm (1/2" ish) and small paracord.

Below is my LBS for shirt pocket plinking...securely holds around 50 shots...weigh next to nothing.
LBS...Little Brown Shooter???

1 - 20 of 22 Posts