Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just loaded up some Sterling rubber bands on a F-16 and going to give it a go this weekend, but was wondering what 105 or 107 band type do you guys use when you use rubber bands for elastic ---Sterling, Advantage or Crepe ?

wll

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I like Sterling 105s. The 105s are the same as 107s except for the length. 105s are 10" when cut, the 107s are 14". I have never tried anything else but I have heard the crepe is easy to draw but doesn't retract very fast. I also use Sterling 117b and Sterling 84 but the 84s are only about 7" when cut.

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like Sterling 105s. The 105s are the same as 107s except for the length. 105s are 10" when cut, the 107s are 14". I have never tried anything else but I have heard the crepe is easy to draw but doesn't retract very fast. I also use Sterling 117b and Sterling 84 but the 84s are only about 7" when cut.
Thank you for the info, much appreciated !

wll

·
Super Moderator
5,154 Posts
Sterling is the one to use. There are a wealth of threads on SSF about these bands. In the category of 'tooting my own horn', here's an early one from 11 years ago.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I use the sterling 107s and the 117b's I use #64s as tie on material. The 107s like heavier ammo like 1/2 steel or rocks they last quite a long time with the right conditions. The 117b those are great for the looped tube frames cuz you can very easily put bandsets together just by looping them thru the pouch, these don't last as long as the 107s but there so easy to assemble its no issue really to make another set. I like these for small ammo up to 7mm or mudballs try them for yourself they are pretty inexpensive too if you're looking to try something new give these a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts