Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,752 Posts
Lucked upon this naturally curvy natural fork recently, and trying to impart my inner [mention]Ibojoe [/mention] on it……it’s still very wet, so need to wait for it to dry some more before more shaping, but it’s already feeling good in the hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,752 Posts
Great thread!
Had a little leftover block of walnut that was a little short. So I shortened up a whale. Makes for a nice lanyard retained, open handed frame.
Cut the front and back grooves on the router table. Closed up the fence so it is an easy task. 20 seconds and she's done......
Pics ?

Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,752 Posts
Nice find on that one brother! My first frame I got from joe was a natural curve cedar, it’s shape is very similar to that one and I love it!
Thanks Shane, hoping I don’t mess it up, lol

Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,752 Posts

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,752 Posts
Darrel you found a gem there. Those are rare as hen’s teeth.
Skarrd did you cut that spaulted oak with a hand saw?
Tks Joe, I hope I can make you proud with whatever I create from it.

Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,752 Posts

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,752 Posts

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,752 Posts

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,752 Posts
Next Mike, trade to Darrell for the 55 gallon white HDPE barrel for your custom catchbox he has for you, lol

J/K, brother, that is a beautiful sling though, and looks smooth as butter…..and yes, you can still have the barrel.

( don’t forget to let me know a couple days before we meet up as to when and where )

Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,752 Posts

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,752 Posts
Bit more progress once the oil hits this omfg
Looks great John, but that small crack or inclusion at the center of the forks is just begging for a touch of Turquoise inlay……sorry, can’t help it, I’m an inlay nut,

Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,752 Posts

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,752 Posts
Darrell I've just noticed this bud sorry the customer @madmax96 requested the wooden side to the and a one of my red fiber optics . Now I totally agree the surface crack would be really filled with turquoise but only if it was target side I think your eye would jump between the optic and the turquoise got the first coat on her anyways what you think
Beautiful

Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **

1 - 20 of 140 Posts