Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Ok….so it’s no secret we all love build pics. On other platforms folks post build and progress pics all the time, so I thought it would be cool to start a thread where we could post what we’re working on, or an idea we have, or even a question. A place to share where we might not want to take up a entire thread. Just a hub for builders to hang out:)

I will start it off! Todays project was this HHPFS in the classic layout of polished bronze and aluminum! Still my favourite! View attachment 367550 View attachment 367551 View attachment 367552 View attachment 367553 View attachment 367554 View attachment 367555
Great idea for a thread. Now go ahead and finish cutting those grooves around that fork.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Darrell I've just noticed this bud sorry 😞👊🎯 the customer @madmax96 requested the wooden side to the and a one of my red fiber optics 🎯👌. Now I totally agree the surface crack would be really filled with turquoise but only if it was target side I think your eye would jump between the optic and the turquoise 🎯👌 got the first coat on her anyways what you think 😍👍🎯🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿👊
That sure is a nice looking fork.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
To be honest it’s a nice job 👍🏻 I pop them apart and put the new parts all week haha . But we only swap it out every 2 years or if it fails before but normally goes 2 years easy . But big boss gets cranky if it’s not on shelf ready to rock it’s a show stopper . You know how it goes
Yeah, Work isn't fun sometimes...

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I've been whittling away at this Yew fork given to me by the legendary Treeman!
Progress has been slow due to warmer weather that's got me outside playing more. That's OK, I'm in no hurry, I'm having fun slowly digging into this one. View attachment 368676
I'd like to have it when you are thru.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Finally finished this oversized / thicker than normal Birch ply cored, Mahogany scaled Wasp FTC knockoff this morning …….. The mahogany has a beautiful golden sheen to the grain, love it.

It is sanded up to 1200 grit, two coats of Satan‘s Snot ( CA Glue, MO’s fav LOL ) and that is sanded back to dull again with the same 1200 grit paper then a healthy coat of Howard’s feed and wax with a final hand buffing till polished.

This thing is smooth as a newborn babies behind !

I added an inlaid Turquoise aiming point of reference, and used a blue highlighter to tint the birch ply core a bit for some contrast And a bit of punch…… I now wish I had not done that, but since it is staying in my personal collection I guess it really doesn’t matter.

Hope y’all like it….Heck, at least it’s not my usual DBS I post, LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Liver Fawn

Sorry Darrell, they are on the way south.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Finally finished this oversized / thicker than normal Birch ply cored, Mahogany scaled Wasp FTC knockoff this morning …….. The mahogany has a beautiful golden sheen to the grain, love it.

It is sanded up to 1200 grit, two coats of Satan‘s Snot ( CA Glue, MO’s fav LOL ) and that is sanded back to dull again with the same 1200 grit paper then a healthy coat of Howard’s feed and wax with a final hand buffing till polished.

This thing is smooth as a newborn babies behind !

I added an inlaid Turquoise aiming point of reference, and used a blue highlighter to tint the birch ply core a bit for some contrast And a bit of punch…… I now wish I had not done that, but since it is staying in my personal collection I guess it really doesn’t matter.

Hope y’all like it….Heck, at least it’s not my usual DBS I post, LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **
You did a great job!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts