Slingshots Forum banner
601 - 620 of 667 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Wow! This thread really blew up! On the first look I couldn’t decide if I should participate because something I start on may not make it to the shooting range! I also end up having numerous projects going at once because I need to pick my makery window and then unpack the garage to get to most of my power tools. So with that, this is what’s on the menu likely through the end of August which is my best guess right now. You’ll see some Lizards, some Ply-projects, a cutting board tryout, an attempt at an IBjoe Curve that is over a year old and still not right, and a Hoggy Wild Custom-ish Seal Sniper being formed. Wish me luck! View attachment 371171
Oh wow! A plethora of creativity right there!
Enjoy it eh!!??

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,197 Posts
Wow! This thread really blew up! On the first look I couldn’t decide if I should participate because something I start on may not make it to the shooting range! I also end up having numerous projects going at once because I need to pick my makery window and then unpack the garage to get to most of my power tools. So with that, this is what’s on the menu likely through the end of August which is my best guess right now. You’ll see some Lizards, some Ply-projects, a cutting board tryout, an attempt at an IBjoe Curve that is over a year old and still not right, and a Hoggy Wild Custom-ish Seal Sniper being formed. Wish me luck! View attachment 371171
Heck yeah Mo, you roll just like I do, you got more started than you got time to finish LOL

Looks great though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
Found an old skateboard in someone’s trash at the street, grabbed it up and got a few good blanks from it.

I managed to squeeze a mid sized Chalice out of the very front / flat section where the trucks attach.
It still has two holes where the mounting screws went through, but still extremely solid…..waste not, want not LOL…. I briefly thought of plugging the holes with a dowel rod section, but then thought NAH, it’ll be alright !

I’ll put band grooves in next, then put CA glue on the edges, sand that back smooth and spray with poly to keep the graphics from coming off any further.

Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **
Coolness,and i agree the holes add character :)

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
that looks awfully familiar around here too lol

·
Registered
500 Posts
How do you mean Ed, curious as to why you think that ?

Appreciate it brother.

Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **
The holes are part of the origin story of the frame.
And there is a symmetry to them as well.
When a guy makes a natural and has a story as to how he found or harvested the Y it is interesting. A back story so to speak.
And there was a back story to your skateboard frame.
Hope that explains.........

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,197 Posts
The holes are part of the origin story of the frame.
And there is a symmetry to them as well.
When a guy makes a natural and has a story as to how he found or harvested the Y it is interesting. A back story so to speak.
And there was a back story to your skateboard frame.
Hope that explains.........
Makes perfect sense, tks for the explanation Ed.

Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **

·
Registered
500 Posts
Put a fresh wide blade on the bandsaw so it got tested out on a piece of maple firewood and out popped this Recurve.
And so while the sander rig was out an older ash and walnut Whale got finished up too.
And then of course had to band them up along with a couple more favourites......
The Whales don't look as nice to my eye but boy they sure are comfortable to hold!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Put a fresh wide blade on the bandsaw so it got tested out on a piece of maple firewood and out popped this Recurve.
And so while the sander rig was out an older ash and walnut Whale got finished up too.
And then of course had to band them up along with a couple more favourites......
The Whales don't look as nice to my eye but boy they sure are comfortable to hold!
Great Job!

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'm liking the recurve..... very nice @Roll Fast :cool:

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,197 Posts
Those look great Ed

Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **

601 - 620 of 667 Posts