SLING-N-SHOT
5,197 Posts

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,197 Posts

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,197 Posts
Found an old skateboard in someone’s trash at the street, grabbed it up and got a few good blanks from it.

I managed to squeeze a mid sized Chalice out of the very front / flat section where the trucks attach.
It still has two holes where the mounting screws went through, but still extremely solid…..waste not, want not LOL…. I briefly thought of plugging the holes with a dowel rod section, but then thought NAH, it’ll be alright !

I’ll put band grooves in next, then put CA glue on the edges, sand that back smooth and spray with poly to keep the graphics from coming off any further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **
Found an old skateboard in someone’s trash at the street, grabbed it up and got a few good blanks from it.

I managed to squeeze a mid sized Chalice out of the very front / flat section where the trucks attach.
It still has two holes where the mounting screws went through, but still extremely solid…..waste not, want not LOL…. I briefly thought of plugging the holes with a dowel rod section, but then thought NAH, it’ll be alright !

I’ll put band grooves in next, then put CA glue on the edges, sand that back smooth and spray with poly to keep the graphics from coming off any further.

Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **
Finally got the finish done on the skateboard deck Chalice……may (?) put some 3/4 butterfly bands on it and start playing around with that shooting style, but light ammo to start ?

Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #637 ·
Finally got the finish done on the skateboard deck Chalice……may (?) put some 3/4 butterfly bands on it and start playing around with that shooting style, but light ammo to start ?

Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **
Love it, Darrell. Once you start going long draw you will be surprised are how thin you can cut your bands. Start with light bands.

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts

Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **
It still has all the proper Sling-N-Shot touches! I’d say that baby is ready to rock!

621 - 640 of 667 Posts